Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > spilled water on new macbook pro. Help!

spilled water on new macbook pro. Help!
moxie825
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2010, 03:50 AM

I spilled less then a half a cup of water onto my new (2 months Macbook pro. Right away I turned it off and turned it upside down to allow all water to spill out then used a blow dryer without heat for about 10 min. I was freaking out so I did turn it on like an idiot. I have to admit I turned it on maybe 3 times in an hour period. I did get the normal white screen with the apple timer but it was making a fanning sound. I turned it off before allowing it to boot up. I don’t see a way to take the battery out and if there was a way I don’t have a small enough screw driver. I left it upside down open with keyboard on the flat surface for about 3 hours. I now have it off sitting in front of a fan.

What do I do, what did I do wrong and what could I expect. My business partner bought this for me and I am scared to death I killed my new baby. And using this pc to write this now is reminding me just how much I would hate to lose my Mac. Please help

OreoCookie
Apr 24, 2010, 09:36 AM

We have a sticky dedicated to this topic. You will find ample information there.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 24, 2010, 12:28 PM

Let's keep ALL discussion of this subject in that sticky... I'm closing this thread to facilitate that.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules