Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP and bluetooth

MBP and bluetooth
deedar
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2010, 09:03 AM

My MBP (OLDER, pre-unibody) will ONLY use bluetooth input devices (mouse and keyboard) and won't use the built in devices anymore. What have I done???? HELP!!!!!!

ibook_steve
Nov 8, 2010, 03:51 PM

I assume you mean the built-in trackpad and keyboard. They are USB devices and should be listed in the USB section of System Profiler, probably as "Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad". If you don't see this listed, then the system is not seeing them, probably because of a loose cable.

You could try rebooting and resetting the SMU for your machine (different ways of doing this for different machines; search Apple support for instructions). If this doesn't work, it's a loose or disconnected top case cable. If you want to fix it yourself, go to iFixit.com for a teardown of your machine. It shouldn't be too difficult if you have the right screwdrivers.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

deedar  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2010, 08:22 PM

Hmmmm... they don't seem to be there... this is what is listed under USB hardware:

USB Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built In USB
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBUHCI
PCI Device ID: 0x27c8
PCI Revision ID: 0x0002
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086
Bus Number: 0x1d

I dunno. I'm a lttleary of popping the top of, but what the heck. I;ll try resetting thr smu first.

Thanks!!!!!

Dave

deedar  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2010, 08:48 AM

After a trip in my backpack home, the USB devices keyboard and track pad show up. Must be something loose. Sheet, but thanks!!!

Dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules