Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > LOL! Bush drunk video

LOL! Bush drunk video
Lerkfish
Aug 13, 2004, 07:54 AM

this looks to be before going on the wagon

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphic...h/tsg_bush.avi

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
this looks to be before going on the wagon

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphic...h/tsg_bush.avi
Umm, wrong subject. I see the interviewer acting kinda drunk but no one else. Certainly not Governor (?) Bush. Yes, he doe put a glass to his lips at the end of the segment but that does not mean he was off the wagon. I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about as to what was in the glass.

I am not interested in most personal facets of politician's lives. I can distinguish between how a person acts personally and what that person does as a leader. The reasons why I dislike President bUsh have everything to do with his stance on major issues and nothing to do with him as a person.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 08:16 AM

Dollars to doughnuts that's a Corona bottle.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Lerkfish  (op)
Aug 13, 2004, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by dcmacdaddy:
Umm, wrong subject. I see the interviewer acting kinda drunk but no one else. Certainly not Governor (?) Bush. Yes, he doe put a glass to his lips at the end of the segment but that does not mean he was off the wagon. I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about as to what was in the glass.

I am not interested in most personal facets of politician's lives. I can distinguish between how a person acts personally and what that person does as a leader. The reasons why I dislike President bUsh have everything to do with his stance on major issues and nothing to do with him as a person.
If you can't see that Bush is drunk, you havent been around enough drunks.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 08:38 AM

Ah.. so we are playing that game eh Lerk?

Sven G
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 08:42 AM

Did he drink some "Bushweisers", maybe?

More seriously, it would probably have been better if he had continued that way, rather than becoming a forced ex-alcoholic: maybe he wouldn't have been so fanatic, today. At least, a moderate drinking could have kept him (maybe) more balanced than he seems to be today...

[Edit: Well, if that video really is from 1996 and, thus, he hasn't completely quit drinking, what I said above probably needs to be reconsidered: there might be other problems.]

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

Lerkfish  (op)
Aug 13, 2004, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by chris v:
Dollars to doughnuts that's a Corona bottle.
in the video, he makes reference to it being an election year. From the style of suits and his apparent age that puts it shot in 1996. Supposedly, he quit drinking in 1982.

Lerkfish  (op)
Aug 13, 2004, 08:44 AM

Originally posted by Sven G:
Did he drink some "Bushweisers", maybe?

More seriously, it would probably have been better if he had contiuned that way, rather than becoming a forced ex-alcoholic: maybe he wouldn't have been so fanatic, today. At least, a moderate drinking could have kept him (maybe) more balanced than he seems to be today...
how do we know he's not still drinking? we only have his word..which we know how valid that is. He seems to have a series of odd accidents...choking on a pretzel, falling off a bike, sporting shiners and cheek strawberries.....it makes one wonder.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 08:47 AM

how do we know he's not still drinking? we only have his word..which we know how valid that is. He seems to have a series of odd accidents...choking on a pretzel, falling off a bike, sporting shiners and cheek strawberries.....it makes one wonder.
AHahhaha .,Kerry has problems standing up in skies, and falling off bikes and so on. Maybe he is a drunk too Lerk! Or maybe he is still smoking the wacky weed like he was in the pic above! Hard to tell. Can't believe a thing he says either.

You crack me up.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 08:48 AM

I watched it. I've been around PLENTY of drunks. Bush was not drunk. He may have had a buzz on. But hey, I can get that from one beer.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
AHahhaha .,Kerry has problems standing up in skies, and falling off bikes and so on.
Dude, the guy snowboards and he kitesurfs! He does them well too. I've seen video and having done both sports I know that guy didn't pick them up yesterday! If Kerry gets elected, America will have the coolest President on the planet.

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 09:01 AM

I have an alcoholic dad and have seen him drunk plenty of times. Bush is not drunk, just a little happy. Sounds like a typical wedding video...

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:02 AM

I watched it. I've been around PLENTY of drunks. Bush was not drunk. He may have had a buzz on. But hey, I can get that from one beer.
Only in America can a guy get a buzz from one beer and still be allowed to comment in a political forum.

Now watch this down-down.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Troll:
Dude, the guy snowboards and he kitesurfs! He does them well too. I've seen video and having done both sports I know that guy didn't pick them up yesterday! If Kerry gets elected, America will have the coolest President on the planet.
LOL! You GOT to be kidding? Kerry is a lot of things. But "Cool" isn't one of them.
Only in America can a guy get a buzz from one beer and still be allowed to comment in a political forum.

Wha? You have to be a drunk with a high alcohol tolerance to comment about Politics in other countries? That explains a lot.

I drink a beer now and then. Sometimes even a glass of wine. I would never brag that I could drink a lot without getting drunk. That to me, isn't something to brag about.

Plus I only weigh 150lbs.

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 09:08 AM

Wha? You have to be a drunk with a high alcohol tolerance to comment about Politics in other countries? That explains a lot.
I was thinking the same thing.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:22 AM

LOL! You GOT to be kidding? Kerry is a lot of things. But "Cool" isn't one of them.
Cool is relative. Name one current President that does two extreme sports?
I was parodying the video! He keeps saying, "Oh x, he's so mundane. The guy doesn't drink. Only in America can someone like that do y," The idea for my parody was "What would Bush have said if asked to comment on Zimphire." The answer, "Oh he's so mundane. He get's drunk on one beer. Only in America can a guy like that comment in a political forum." [cue laughs]

Do I have to dumb down my material or are you kids going to work with me?

Now watch this tequila titty twister!

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 09:24 AM

So doing extreme sports makes one cool?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 09:25 AM

Here is a news-flash Troll. That doesn't make you cool.

I was parodying the video! He keeps saying, "Oh x, he's so mundane. The guy doesn't drink. Only in America can someone like that do y," Do I have to dumb down my material or are you kids going to work with me?
He was joking too Troll. You need to work on your comedic approach. And kids? Please.

Some people aren't meant for comedy. Some are. Don't quit your day job.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:27 AM

Dude, just give it up. He is NOT drunk.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 09:27 AM

Originally posted by djohnson:
Not only does he do extreme sports dj, Kerry ROCKS TOO!

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 09:30 AM

Not only does he do extreme sports dj, Kerry ROCKS TOO!

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:34 AM

D-uh!

Nantucket

Sunglasses are a bit dork, mind you!
( Last edited by Troll; Aug 13, 2004 at 09:49 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 09:37 AM

Sorry Troll, he doesn't look cool in any way. If anything, he looks out of place. A sore thumb.

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 09:40 AM

Sorry Troll, he doesn't look cool in any way. If anything, he looks out of place. A sore thumb.
Gotta agree there... Too bad he doesn't know how to use his money any better then that.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2004, 09:42 AM

You don't have to be intoxicated to look stupid.

Kerry manages quite well while completely sober.

quick, somebody enlarge that sign above his head....what does it say?

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:48 AM

Here is a news-flash Troll. That doesn't make you cool.[/B]
I'm sorry Zim. I appear not to be very in touch with what's cool these days. I was still under the impression that guys who play guitar and spend their weekends shredding snow and blasting across the water at 20 knots were cool.

What has replaced that? Spending the week selling St. James versions from the trunk of a Neon and playing triangle in the local praise band on weekends?

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:52 AM

What has replaced that? Spending the week selling St. James versions from the trunk of a Neon and playing triangle in the local praise band on weekends?
^ That was worthy of my praise.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2004, 09:53 AM

yeah that was good

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 09:53 AM

I'm sorry Zim. I appear not to be very in touch with what's cool these days. I was still under the impression that guys who play guitar and spend their weekends shredding snow and blasting across the water at 20 knots were cool.
More like crazy... See this funny thing happens when you grow up. You figure out that doing stupid things is not cool anymore. You said yourself that something being cool is relative.

Cool is relative.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:55 AM

More like crazy... See this funny thing happens when you grow up. You figure out that doing stupid things is not cool anymore.
Why are kitesurfing, snowboarding and playing guitar "stupid things"?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2004, 09:57 AM

after about age 28, yes.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 09:58 AM

Playing guitar is dangerous. It's well known that the guitar is a gateway to Heroin addiction, sexual deviancy, homelessness and low-paying jobs as pizza-delivery boys.

And Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Guitar =bad.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
after about age 28, yes.
That explains why Janis, Kurt, and Jim all checked out at 27. Someone told them it was stupid to play guitar after 28!

I just cancelled my kitesurfing trip to Bali and my snowboarding trip to the Alps, so perhaps you could tell me what sports geriatrics like us can still play without being stupid. Otherwise I'm going to have to spend the vacation honing my comedy skills in here. Oh, and anyone wanna buy my Les Paul? My peer group thinks its stoopid.

jbartone
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2004, 10:33 AM

The video was shot in 1992.

"George W. Bush ends up in the White House, The Smoking Gun would like to be the first web outfit to formally offer Dubya an artifact for his future presidential library. The Republican's wacky performance in this 1992 wedding video excerpt--shot years after Bush went cold turkey in July 1986--needs to be preserved for future generations.

The video was shot at the August 29, 1992 wedding of Jamie Weiss, the daughter of Dubya's close friends Mike and Nancy Weiss. Mike, a Lubbock, Texas lawyer and CPA, was Bush's campaign chairman during his first political race (an unsuccessful 1978 congressional bid) and was one of the Texas governor's earliest political appointments. Nancy, also a Bush appointee, had a prime speaking slot on the final night of the Republican convention. She told the crowd, "I wish you could see how he reaches out to people, teasing those who can take it and protecting those who can't."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/bush/bush.html

eklipse
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 10:33 AM

If Bush was drunk he should drink more often - he seemed much more lucid than usual.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by eklipse:
If Bush was drunk he should drink more often - he seemed much more lucid than usual.
LOL!

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 10:45 AM

See this funny thing happens when you grow up. You...
get boring and conservative...

LoganCharles
Banned
Aug 13, 2004, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by phoenixboy70:
get boring and conservative...
And remember the ignorance of youth.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 11:46 AM

He was pretty funny. Someone needs to get him drunk like that again.

"Mr. President, can you tell me any stories about Ahmed Chalabi?"

"Ahmed Chalabi. Very skinny fellow. Very mundane. Only in America could a guy like that be trusted by top gov't officials."

djohnson
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by LoganCharles:
And remember the ignorance of youth.
Funny how most of those that are liberal tend to be young.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 12:37 PM

A lot of liberal desperation going on in this thread. They'll grow up one day, and realize their stupidity, perhaps.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
They'll grow up one day, and realize their stupidity, perhaps.
If realising their stupidity means stopping extreme sports and making music at the age of 28, let's hope they don't ever grow up.

Age is in the mind you bunch of grandaddies!

Scientist
Senior User
Aug 13, 2004, 01:02 PM

This youth bashing is just ignorant.
Is it not reasonable to anticipate that our understanding of the human mind would be aided greatly by knowing the purpose for which it was designed?
-George C. Williams

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
after about age 28, yes.
Puh-lease. People are expected to stop doing things they like just because they've been around a certain number of years? You're going to tell me guitar playing and snowboarding are immature?

You guys sure do have some interesting perspectives in life.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by BRussell:
He was pretty funny. Someone needs to get him drunk like that again.

"Mr. President, can you tell me any stories about Ahmed Chalabi?"

"Ahmed Chalabi. Very skinny fellow. Very mundane. Only in America could a guy like that be trusted by top gov't officials."
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by Scientist:
This youth bashing is just ignorant.
get off my lawn

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 13, 2004, 01:33 PM

HuuuuuuuuuuuR! No it's spreading hateful comments about Israel on Macintosh boards.

Actually I am 31 so I am not too "hip" on what is cool now. I DO know it's not WHAT you do that makes you cool.

Tell me Troll, if Bush did all these things. Would he suddenly be "cool" in your eyes? I doubt it.

And Kerry can't play a guitar. He fakes it.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 13, 2004, 01:39 PM

So, Clinton getting his knob buffed in the oval office by an intern, cheating on his wife, and then lying under oath is no big deal and no ones business, but a video showing Bush possibly under the influence is scandalous. I love the hypocrisy of it.
Nemo me impune lacesset

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
So, Clinton getting his knob buffed in the oval office by an intern, cheating on his wife, and then lying under oath is no big deal and no ones business, but a video showing Bush possibly under the influence is scandalous. I love the hypocrisy of it.
Who said any of that was okay? Not me. I think anyone elected president owes it to his constituency to keep his d**k in his pants for four short years. Plus, I didn't vote for Clinton. I do think it would be germane to know if Bush said "I don't drink any more" but continued to do so. The video doesn't really prove anything, though, except how he seems drunk, even when he's ostensibly sober.

CV

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2004, 02:07 PM

And Kerry can't play a guitar. He fakes it.
That's not true, I play guitar, and I saw him play for about 10 minutes on CSPAN once, during the NH primaries I think, and he played a decent little nylon string guitar piece in a music store. It was that little E minor "Romanza" that everyone plays. It wasn't a Bach suite or a Villa-Lobos piece or anything, but he definitely wasn't "faking it."

Forum Links
Forum Rules