Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > The Daily Show

The Daily Show
mr_sonicblue
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 11:11 PM

A reporter used a new iBook and iTunes to play sound effects for some bum Texas mayor.

Taloston Man
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2001, 11:59 PM

sorry, double post

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Taloston Man ]
Trevor Haldenby
www.ExposedBrain.com/trevor
MacBook 2.0 GHz / 2 gigs RAM | 60GB vidiPod, Shuffle

Taloston Man
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2001, 12:00 AM

Last week Jon was talking about the cheesy transitions in Battlefield Earth, and he said something like "Man, it looks like they edited the movie on an iMac or something, you know it has all those swirly iMac transitions!"
Interesting, and I'm not sure whether I'd label that as a bash or not....

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Taloston Man ]
Trevor Haldenby

JamesKass
Jul 31, 2001, 11:51 PM

Re: Battlefield Earth...

I don't know about anyone else, but that %#$&$(#*@ blurred center wipe was really getting on my nerves...
James Kass (no, the other one...)
[email protected]
http://NYComedyRadio.com :)

Taloston Man
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2001, 12:44 AM

Yes, Godalmighty that was a terrible movie....
The Toronto newspaper in it's review said that "somebody should have shot the projectionist to death instead of wasting their time watching this thing" as well as "it would have been more enjoyable to sit in the theatre and watch two hours of blank film roll on the screen than to watch Battlefield Earth".
I skipped a day of school to watch that movie with some friends, and it was the most laughably terrible thing I've ever seen.
Like a hideous orgy of bad dialogue and the infamous transitions (they worked in 1977 with Star Wars, but it was 2000 for God's sake!!!) I left the movie feeling light-hearted and sickly amused, but several hours later the guilt crept up on me and I immediately wanted to die.
"LEVERAGE!"
Why did they feel the need to keep repeating that word when it had no use whatsoever?
Why were the aliens called the Psychlos? That's the most awful name I've ever heard.
Why was the hero named "Johnny Goodboy Tyler"? - Does anyone you know NOW actually carry the middle name "Goodboy"? No...
And most idiotic of all, how did cavemen that were repeatedly set free for no reason at all learn how to pilot fighter jets that had been sitting in a hanger for 2000 years in under two days!!?!?!?
AJAHHAHAHAHA!
The mind boggles!
I hope that John Travolta is never again let near the helm of any moderately large-scale film project. Somebody buy this man a MiniDV camcorder and an iMac and tell him to keep his goddamned movies within the TV-room of his house, and the stars his children and wife!
Ah!
And that's about all I've got.
Trevor Haldenby

Forum Links
Forum Rules