Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Apple Menu disappearing

Apple Menu disappearing
mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 16, 2006, 01:45 PM

Can someone help me with this strange problem? On my parents-in-law's eMac the main Apple menu has disappeared. When I click it, the pull down list is blank (well, in fact it's still there, but the characters are shifted way over to the right and I can just see the edge of them on the right of the pull down box). This is only true when clicking Apple from the desktop or Finder (in applications it's as normal). Fixing permissions has not helped. The eMac is running 10.4.7. I don't know when this problem first arose, I'm guessing when they installed the most recent OS update.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 16, 2006, 04:51 PM

Tried applying the combo update of 10.4.7?

I saw screenshots of someone's 10.4.7 update going funky in the "10.4.7 released" thread on this forum.

mintcake  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 16, 2006, 05:04 PM

Ah, good tip. Will try that. Thanks. I assume I can apply that over the top of the existing 10.4.7 update?

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 16, 2006, 05:06 PM

I think so. Try it and find out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules