Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: iPod 10GB 3G (broken), accessories

FS: iPod 10GB 3G (broken), accessories
tafticus
Jun 15, 2004, 11:34 AM

My 10 gig iPod stopped working the other day, and I was thinking about upgrading anyhow so I don't want to pay to get it fixed. I'm not sure what is wrong with it - it starts up, shows the Apple logo, and then goes to a picture of a folder with an exclamation mark. It does show up as an iPod in System Profiler, but does not mount.

If you think you can fix it, email me at hrothgar at umich dot edu and make an offer.

I also have the firewire cable, earbuds, and travel power adaptor. These all work fine and I'm willing to sell them separately...make an offer on the cable or the earbuds. I'd like to get at least $20 for the power adaptor.

tafticus  (op)
Jun 15, 2004, 11:40 AM

PS. The battery life was still almost like new when it stopped working, and it has the average scratches to the surface but nothing abnormal. Can send pictures if requested.

magid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 15, 2004, 11:54 AM

ill give ya $30 shipped for it. please send me an email at [email protected] and we can work something out. thanks

tafticus  (op)
Jun 15, 2004, 04:57 PM

Sold.

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2004, 05:36 PM

Before selling it, contact Apple and see what they recommend. My GF bought an iPod mini and it had the same icon. She called and fixed it in 5 minutes. I'd do that before declaring it legally dead..or selling it for $30!! Heck, I'd buy it for $45!

good luck.

tafticus  (op)
Jun 15, 2004, 06:25 PM

Actually I got $80 for it. Thanks though!

Forum Links
Forum Rules