Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto 6 - What happened to HomePage?

iPhoto 6 - What happened to HomePage?
beebleberry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2007, 02:21 PM

I have a .Mac account primarily because I use iPhoto to create pages of photos & post them quickly to my .Mac HomePage site.
I recently loaded iPhoto 6, however, and now I cannot figure out how to put photos on my HomePage. There used to be a link right in the iPhoto application. I could just select the photos and voila!
I see that there is the new ".Mac slides" option, which may be better if you want to share full-resolution photos, but I want the simple old way back! Is it still possible/easy? Am I missing something?
Also, since I loaded iPhoto 6, it downloads photos from my camera but ignores all the movies on my camera... Any idea why?
Thanks!

Mr Heliums
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 1, 2007, 02:42 PM

iLife 06 pushes you to use iWeb rather than Homepage, which is silly as it's nowhere near as handy. It was enough to stop me updating my .Mac site and use Flickr instead.

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 1, 2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Heliums View Post
iLife 06 pushes you to use iWeb rather than Homepage, which is silly as it's nowhere near as handy. It was enough to stop me updating my .Mac site and use Flickr instead.
If you have a Google account, download their Picasa web album plugin for iPhoto and just publish your photos to Picasa. Now, there aren't any templates for it, but it does the job.

beebleberry  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2007, 05:05 PM

I was just about to resort to using Flickr instead, but they'll lose me as a .Mac subscriber, and I don't think they want to do that.
I did have a feeling that they were trying to push me away from the convenience of Homepage, but it seemed so counterintuitive -- and Mac's generally all about *intuitive -- so I was hoping that there was some obvious way to do Homepages that I'd just somehow missed.
Anyone have a clue why the new iPhoto doesn't capture the little movies from my camera that it used to be able to? Thanks folks!

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 2, 2007, 11:36 AM

You can still use Homepage by putting the photos you want to publish in your iDisk, then going to your own homepage and creating a new page. Not as easy as before, I agree. I, too, miss the homepage option from within iPhoto.
Mary

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2007, 11:48 AM

I hope this comes back in iLife '07, but I doubt it.

SciFrog
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 2, 2007, 12:10 PM

iWeb is great, as easy as Homepage and much more powerful...

Only thing is I wish there was an easy way to transfer old Homepages to iWeb.
Please join Team MacNN BOINC and Folding teams!
No more wasted CPU cycles!

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2007, 08:32 PM

I never used the Home Page otion in previous iPhoto versions. I am curious - what could it do which iWeb can't? Maybe there's an iWeb solution for this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules