Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Call of Duty 2 Disc error

Call of Duty 2 Disc error
ATCS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2007, 10:50 PM

what's up guys, i tried searching about this topic, but nothing came up, so I thought I'd post it

I have call of duty 2 and whenever I launch the singleplayer campaing, it asks "please insert dvd and click ok"

so I insert the DVD and press ok. The dvd mounts on the desktop and everything is good. But when I try to relaunch the singleplayer campaign, it still gives me the same "insert the dvd".

so I have already:

-trashed the prefs, reinstalled the game.
-reboot
-got a replacement DVD from aspyr

but still the same thing. I contacted aspyr, and they said that they have some users report that Toast is interfering with the anti-dvd-copying software of the DVD.

so I trash Toast and all the files... try to relaunch CoD2.. but still the same result.

so has anyone expereinced the same thing? and also, how do I fully uninstall Toast 8? Is there any hidden plug ins, and what not?

interestingly enough, multiplayer still is able to read the DVD and i can play online.
My machine specs are

MBP 2.33 ghz, 2gb ram.

thanks all.

fyzm7357
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 9, 2007, 02:32 AM

Check out this link....this should hopefully help....

ATCS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 09:37 PM

wow, thanks a lot fyzm.. Cod2 works perfectly fine now. i wonder why tech support didnt' direct me to this article directly..

thanks!

stereobox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2007, 05:26 AM

hi guys!

i have exactly the same problem as ATCS does!

the only difference...i still can't get my COD2 to work even after uninstalling Toast 8! also, i couldn't find and hence, unable to delete, the RoxioBluRaySupport file in the System/Library/Extensions folder as suggested by Aspyr.

please help!

stereobox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2007, 10:17 AM

anyone? thanks in advance

stereobox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2007, 06:15 AM

anyone? please help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules