Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > If you're looking for a great Mac gaming community, please read this!

If you're looking for a great Mac gaming community, please read this!
CaptKevMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2003, 10:00 PM

(An Open Invitation from Clan MacAddict)

Hello all!

My name is CaptKevMan ("CKM" or just plain "Kev" for short), and I'm here on behalf of Clan MacAddict. We're a Mac gaming community loosely affiliated with the magazine of the same name.

Note that I said "community" and not "clan"...our main focus is on FUN, but competitiveness is also welcomed.

Our membership is quite large (currently over 100), but we are striving to become a major presence in Mac multiplayer gaming, and we'd like to be the first resource new Mac folks ("switchers", if you will) think of when playing online on their Macs.

This post is one of several we are posting across several high-profile Mac community forums, because honestly, we'd like you to check us out and see what you think.

We're a group of men and women, boys and girls -- all ages, colors, and backgrounds -- who like to get together in a no-pressure, relaxed environment and play games on our Macs. (Well, some of us play on Windoze boxes, but we're really Mac folks at heart). We have fathers and sons, brothers and sisters, friends, neighbors, and complete strangers among our members. Our ages vary from 8 - 55+. We really are a diverse group...but we all share a few things in common:

- We value sportsmanship and respect;
- We value community;
- We value fun;
- We value diversity.

So, if you think that sounds like the sort of group you'd like to be a part of, please accept this invitation to come by and check us out at the following places:

Our website: http://www.clanmacaddict.com
Our general forum: http://macaddict.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=33
In IRC: irc.progameplayer.com, channel #clanma

Our current active "Divisions" (games we officially play) are:

- Unreal Tournament / UT2K3
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- WarCraft 3
- Jedi Knight II
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
- Ghost Recon

...and that's just for starters. We're always interested in adding to our repertoire (it's really "your" community, after all!), so we're always reviewing our "games played" list to make sure everyone's happy.

Several of our divisions have their own dedicated game servers (contributed to by the membership, but usually open to any friendly players) provided by several different game hosting companies (see each division's forum for details).

The only games we won't be directly supporting in the foreseeable future are Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force and Star Trek: Elite Force II, but our good friends over at {MAC} (MacFleet) are ready, willing and able to help you out with those.

So, feel free to come on by and say "hi"...tell 'em CKM sent ya!

Seeya there!
CaptKevMan
Founder & Publisher
The Macopolis Network

John Dwight
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 7, 2003, 06:59 PM

What a great idea, CKM. I'm a member over at ClanMacAddict, and it rocks. I play UT mostly, and I'm starting out with UT2k3. Tell 'em Brain sent you when you stop by the UT Forum.

ambush
Banned
Sep 7, 2003, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by John Dwight:
What a great idea, CKM. I'm a member over at ClanMacAddict, and it rocks. I play UT mostly, and I'm starting out with UT2k3. Tell 'em Brain sent you when you stop by the UT Forum.
ehehe registered in 1999, first post. Sounds odd

anyway, yeah I might have a look, I play a lot of WC3...

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 7, 2003, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
anyway, yeah I might have a look, I play a lot of WC3...
Me too, I play WC3 more than anything else.

The only thing that bother me is the name. I'm not a fan of MacAddict or their forums.

It would be nice if it's something more neutral such as ClanMac

macenthusiast
Sep 8, 2003, 12:31 AM

i can vouch for the clan. It's great. I've been in the return to castle wolfenstein division of macaddict for about a year now and it's made gaming more fun then it could have ever been without the clan.

Some divisions like UT are more run like a club, while other divisions are highly competitive, like the rtcw division. There's a place for every mac gamer.

i recommend checking it out

Trekkie
Forum Regular
Sep 9, 2003, 12:13 AM

If you would like to participate in a Mac centric gaming community then please give my clan a try. No offense to ClanMacAddict but Clan mAc stands on its own feet and has been around for over four years. We currently support all B.Net games (SC/WC3/D2) and are looking to expand to one or more fps type games in the near future.(Maybe even an MMO game as well.) We have our own quirky community and are always happy to have new people. We're not anal about ranks or a hierarchy, just what's needed to keep things organized. For the B.Net gamers we gather in the channel clan mac on the US East server.(Azeroth in WC3) Our IRC channel is currently wondering in the woods somewhere. To sum up clan mAc: it's about enjoying your time while with others, whether it be gaming or simple discussion.

Our site is here and the forums are here. Just stop on by, unwind and have some fun.
-Trekkie
To point, click and boldly go...

[PHH] Wulfi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 11, 2003, 01:28 PM

what no Q3A?

CaptKevMan  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by [PHH] Wulfi:
what no Q3A?
No, Wulfi...no Q3A yet...but that doesn't mean that there *won't* be. If there's enough interest, and someone wants to be lead on forming a Q3A division, we're all for it!

CaptKevMan
Founder & Publisher
The Macopolis Network

Forum Links
Forum Rules