Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Streaming QT and DSL connection

Streaming QT and DSL connection
Lanlord
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2000, 03:17 PM

I have OS9 QT 4.1 and a Cisco 675 DSL connection to my G4/450 with 256Meg. When I click on any streaming site from the QT control strip (say the weather channel) it opens QT and presents me with the window from the chosen site. I then try to get a stream and it opens a new window and says "negotiating" then shortly there after it says "requested data" at this point I wait and wait sometimes more than 5 minutes then it either gives me a timeout error or does nothing at all. I have tried this on my wifes Imac (8.6 and qt 4.1) and get the same results.
Am I missing something? Or is there some configuration issue with the Cisco 675? Or am I just plain out in left field?
Thanks in advance.

valentinedwv
Jan 25, 2000, 06:29 PM

The cisco 675 is also a router. The QT streaming ports need to be opened. I think some info is found on macfixit about this problem.

But the best solution is to dial cisco, or if cisco will not talk to you, call the dsl isp.

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2000, 07:21 AM

Well, I know this is from 4 monthes ago, but if your still around, I have the same modem, and its a snap to configure. Drop me a line.

------------------
-See Yea!

Forum Links
Forum Rules