Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > gender roles/marriage for the 20-30 crowd.

gender roles/marriage for the 20-30 crowd. (Page 2)
crazeazn  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 15, 2005, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by jcadam
But golden retrievers don't give good head (all them big teeth).
oh noes are you using the peanut butter penis trick? =x
12" AI book REV B, mac mini core duo 1.66

finboy
Aug 15, 2005, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell

I give you two six more months.
If he's lucky.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2005, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
Kenilworth, Wilmette, Winnetka, NorthBrook, and Deerfield breed them.
But you need to make at least six figures to land one.
You can get the same around here for ~$70K. Adjusted for lower cost of living. Still isn't "cheap".
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

jcadam
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2005, 02:01 PM

My wife stays at home. I cannot tell you the fights that ensue when I would come home from working a 16-hour day to a filth-nasty house. "What the HELL do you do all day?"

But she knew that I would eventually get tired of looking at the mess and clean it all myself (I would TRY to see how much I could let the place go, in the hopes that I would come home from work one day to find that she had done something other than watching TV and talking on the phone).

Now we have an arrangement: I handle the kitchen (dishes, etc.), she does the rest. Can you guess what the cleanest room in the house always is? I knew you could.......

I've seen my wife clean, and it takes her ALL day (pick something up and move it, take a break. Wipe off this table, take a break. And anything she 'cleans', is only marginally so) Jeez man, I put the iPod on, grab the rubber gloves and corrosive cleaning agents and clean the sh*t until it's done. Then I sit down, and she complains about how she spends more time cleaning than I do.
ok, my wife just read my post and wanted to make sure that if I wanted to get laid tonight, that I reminded everyone that she has had 3 of my babies, and so that keeps her busy and not able to clean as much as we would like.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 16, 2005, 02:15 PM

ok, my wife just read my post and wanted to make sure that if I wanted to get laid tonight, that I reminded everyone that she has had 3 of my babies, and so that keeps her busy and not able to clean as much as we would like.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 16, 2005, 02:22 PM

^^^

-t

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777
It only bothers me because the number of eligible women in my age range keeps going down... and younger women (like 20-21) always look like jail bait even if they're not.

That's because you teach students who are not too much older. Personally, I am fine with 20. Girls my age are a little put off by it but its mostly because they are threatened by younger women. They have no issues with dating guys in their mid 30s for some reason though. Eligible women in age range start off an initial meeting by summarizing my potential as a husband. I find that annoying and a bit premature so I drop down 6 years and date their little sisters who take relationships for what they are in the moment and are well above the age of consent.

Our grandparents did this kind of age difference and they were a hell of a lot more successful in marriage than our parent's generation who seemed to be the ones who instituted the stigma of dating younger.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

OreoCookie
Aug 16, 2005, 03:02 PM

Well, I get into fights with my girlfriend who is the master of the kitchen. She always calls me `metiche' (meddler) and sends me out. When I want to cook, I get in there first.

I don't mind sharing at all.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

OreoCookie
Aug 16, 2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
That's because you teach students who are not too much older. Personally, I am fine with 20. Girls my age are a little put off by it but its mostly because they are threatened by younger women. They have no issues with dating guys in their mid 30s for some reason though. Eligible women in age range start off an initial meeting by summarizing my potential as a husband. I find that annoying and a bit premature so I drop down 6 years and date their little sisters who take relationships for what they are in the moment and are well above the age of consent.

Our grandparents did this kind of age difference and they were a hell of a lot more successful in marriage than our parent's generation who seemed to be the ones who instituted the stigma of dating younger.
And many women prefer older men.

Personally, I don't like younger women, even two years is usually enough to make them not really interesting for me.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules