Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Megavideo

Megavideo
Rumor
Nov 29, 2008, 06:56 AM

Occasionally, I will watch hard to find shows there, but almost always regret doing so. It seems almost every video I try to watch is out of audio sync. It becomes quite aggravating.

Does anyone else ever experience this?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

design219
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2008, 09:18 AM

Yes, I watched the latest House the other night and it got progressively farther off until by the end it was about 10 seconds out of sync. Very annoying.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 29, 2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
Yes, I watched the latest House the other night and it got progressively farther off until by the end it was about 10 seconds out of sync. Very annoying.
Why not watch it on Hulu? Perfect audio and HD video.

design219
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2008, 10:28 AM

Hulu didn't have it yet... they tend to wait a week. But I agree, Hulu is better.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2008, 03:39 PM

what bugs me (besides the audio sync issue at times) is that I can only get halfway through an hour show most of the time due to their greedy wanting money for member ship for unlimited watching times. "your ISP has used up its allowed time. please wait an hour to continue."

I watch dexter and true blood on watchtvsitcoms.com and it's aggravating to be stopped mid episode. Sometimes it even says that I have watched over an hour that day already when it's the first time I have watched anything.

annoying.

Oneota
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2008, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Why not watch it on Hulu? Perfect audio and HD video.
I wish more of their content was available in true HD resolution. Most of it's just "Hi Res" 480p. Not bad, but far from HD. Their HD gallery is surprisingly small, actually.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
what bugs me (besides the audio sync issue at times) is that I can only get halfway through an hour show most of the time due to their greedy wanting money for member ship for unlimited watching times. "your ISP has used up its allowed time. please wait an hour to continue."

I watch dexter and true blood on watchtvsitcoms.com and it's aggravating to be stopped mid episode. Sometimes it even says that I have watched over an hour that day already when it's the first time I have watched anything.

annoying.
why not just download these episodes through torrents? is it "more" illegal to download and watch through bittorrent than using that shady website?

BigBadWolf
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2008, 11:59 PM

I agree with abbazabba, just d/l the episodes. A typical show 1 hour show is less than 400mb. With rapidshare et al, getting these shows without torrents is simple. I can't ever seem to get bit torrent to work anyway, it always takes like a day to d/l anything for me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules