Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > HAHA Thought this was funny....

HAHA Thought this was funny....
Minty Fresh
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 03:25 PM

I'm a member to the GameFAQS.com forums, been one for quite some time. Go there mainly to discuss games, get tips, cheats, faqs, etc. It covers all gaming platforms. Well the last few days, I've been hanging out in the PC General Forums...and I see these topics that pop up every once in a while...that just make me laugh, and just make me glad I have a Mac. (Although I do have 3 PC's...hehe)

Here'e a few of the thread topics I'm talking about...

"Windows Want shut down or restart??????"
My computer will not shut down or restart. When I command it to do either it goes to the blue screen, and then ALWAYS gets stuck on "Windows is now shutting down....." The HD light is active the entire time. For the first couple seconds it seems like its actually reading and doing something important then the light just stays solid red. Any ideas? Too much junk installed? Reformat windows? (I just reformatted a couple months ago). Any help would be appreciated.

"Windows XP Help"
Okay, I just tried to install Nero Vision Express on my other PC. After it installed successfully it asked me to restart. So I did and when I got logged on again Nothing showed up. The only thing I saw was my desktop background. I tried Ctrl Alt Del and tried to run a program manually and it said Windows "Task Manager: Not Responding"

"Damn MS blaster worm...bah"
Had to reinintall windows a few days ago.. havent goeent a chance to update yet.. for the past 2 days everything was fine.. i was on OPTonline cable at the time.. Today i moved back to my dorm for school and within 20min i was hit with the blaster.. lol.. beware thoes who use time warner.

"ok im finally angry enough to post risking embarrassment lol"
recently i installed a program called memory and cpu ob server and it also puts up a hdd space monitor on top and since i dled it i noticed a frightening thing, my hdd is eating space by itself :/!!!

in 2 weeks ive lost 2 gigs doing installing downloading NOTHING.

now is this some kind of virus or is something wrong with my hdd?

"My internet explorer is possesed!"
I change my homepage to what I want, but when I restart the browser, it opens a completely different homepage, how can I stop this?

"Windows Update Problem"
I've noticed the last 2 times i've tried to update Windows XP it gives me "The software has not passed the windows etc and will not be installed" Anyone have this problem or know a way to fix it???

"Help!My computer keeps restarting everytime I play a game..."
ok...everytime i play a game for like 20 mins my computer would restart,i tried putting the details to low but that still wouldnt work..I downloaded the latest driver for my video card,updated windows two days ago and that didnt work either..does anyone know how to fix this??

"files are all mixed up......wont install
i just reforamted and everythings working but i was running everything fine and then now whenever i go to install something it will say theres an error with the install file and some of the things it will recognize them as a dos file.... why would it be doing this? its like mixed up what the file types are....

"arrg my cd drive wont let me browse the cd....."
ok ya know when u go to explore and u click on ur optical drive and it shows you all the files that are on it? when i got to it and click on it, it just like does nothing.... is there something i need to do to let it do this?

Okay...so I know it's not nice to laugh at the misfortune of others. But it was just too funny...Everytime I use OS X, and my Mac...it makes me realize a little bit more, just how far Apple is ahead of Microsoft. hehe

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2004, 03:41 PM

You funny guy.
You make me raff.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2004, 04:02 PM

the general mac forum board over there gets some winners too though. lets be fair.

Minty Fresh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
the general mac forum board over there gets some winners too though. lets be fair.
HAHA Very true...but never seems to get any quite as bad as "My internet explorer is possesed!".

historylme
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2004, 05:43 PM

those are really funny, damn, I'm glad that I have a mac.

drmcnutt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 25, 2004, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Minty Fresh:
HAHA Very true...but never seems to get any quite as bad as "My internet explorer is possesed!".
What happened in my dock?
What happened to cause the icon next to list items in the dock pop-up menus to appear like this rather than the standard window icon?

@#!%in' iDisk is Unusable...
Well, here I am, connected at blazing speed. The Internet is incredible at this speed. Still, my iDisk is unusable. Even opening folders or deleting folders/files takes minutes. I thought it was a dialup issue when it was this way at home... But I guess not.

still annoying mousefreeze-bug after 4 updates!
It seems unbelievable but after a long time I dared to switch my energy saver for my monitor ON again. I had to switch it off with Panther 10.3.0 cause it made the mousepointer freeze to death. Read: everything works JUST the mousepointer is frozen and not even USB disco-reco could solve this.

Weird black screeen
I was updating my address book and all the sudden the screen goes black. After that , there seems to be a serious of codes and stuff scrolling up. I'm not a technical person, so I have no idea what it's doing. I can't do anything at all.

I don't know, these seem similar from here at MacNN/OSX. These forums help people out, try not to be too amused, not everyone is as knowledgable as you may be.

DRM

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jan 26, 2004, 12:36 AM

Originally posted by drmcnutt:
I don't know, these seem similar from here at MacNN/OSX. These forums help people out, try not to be too amused, not everyone is as knowledgable as you may be.

DRM
Was the solution to any of those problems "Reformat your HD and reinstall the OS" after you just did that 3 months ago?
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

drmcnutt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2004, 04:34 AM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Was the solution to any of those problems "Reformat your HD and reinstall the OS" after you just did that 3 months ago?
No, Though if Mouseman has to go back before the 4 updates he installed, then yes. Is this a requirement in relation to the other examples? I've never had to reinstall an OS on either platform to correct a problem. I guess I'm just lucky.

DRM

drmcnutt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2004, 04:36 AM

/

Forum Links
Forum Rules