Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Sound in the System Preferences

Sound in the System Preferences
IndigoLayna
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2002, 08:20 PM

My sound preferences move around spontaneously, does that happen to anyone else? Its very bizarre... the iSub levels move up and down on their own and the left and right balance is always moving around. How is this possible?? Could it be Jaguar?

Layna

Using: 17' iMac
iSub
ProSpeakers

thefunk0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2002, 08:54 PM

i don't have an isub so i don't know about that but i do have the same problem with the left and right channel moving around spontaneously.

I always just fix it and wait for it to happen again.

I'm running an 867 quicksilver powermac with 10.2, and i never had this problem before jaguar, so my guess is it's some incompatability between jaguar and something else i have, because this has been happening to me ever since i switched over, but i haven't heard many people complain about it, so it must not be that widespread.

Anyway, i'm glad to know i'm not that only one with this problem, i thought i was going crazy.

DaKiwi2788
Senior User
Nov 11, 2002, 04:10 AM

Layna-

I have the same setup you do, and I have never noticed any problems. Do you have a PowerMate hooked up? That might have something to do with it. I used that for a few hours on mine once (I borrowed one) and I noticed that my sound was doing some crazy stuff with that.

BTW: Do you have to mute your iSub in Sound Preferences? I can't mute mine when I mute the speakers. Hopefully they will fix that.
-Emily

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

omarv
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2002, 11:59 AM

same seup. yes my isub volume also moves up and down, but oddly usually just down and only a little. Won't mute when I press mute on the keyboard. Hope this is addressed in the next update.

DaKiwi2788
Senior User
Nov 11, 2002, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by omarv:
same seup. yes my isub volume also moves up and down, but oddly usually just down and only a little. Won't mute when I press mute on the keyboard. Hope this is addressed in the next update.
Me too, it's kind of annoying when you just want to mute it for a few minutes to grab the phone or something.
-Emily

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

IndigoLayna  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2002, 07:10 PM

Yea-whenever I press mute on the keyboard the iSub never goes off with the speakers. It's pretty irritating. The support for the iSub is really limited.

Layna

omarv
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2002, 11:52 PM

mute is still not fixed in 10.2.2

Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2002, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by omarv:
mute is still not fixed in 10.2.2
lame.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

DaKiwi2788
Senior User
Nov 12, 2002, 03:44 AM

Did anyone else lose their sounds in Word with 10.2.2?? Those are my favorite! Damn!
-Emily

Abraham Lincoln

omarv
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2002, 02:50 AM

yes iSub probs definitely not fixed in 10.2.2, if the things didn't sound so darn good, I might get angry, good thing its just a minor annoyance

Forum Links
Forum Rules