Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Trump vs The Queen

Trump vs The Queen
Doc HM
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2018, 07:03 AM

So Trump's UK visit has started smooooooth.

Apart from the protesting and whatnot, Trumps diplomacy skillz seem on top form, giving the Sun newspaper (the SUN!!!!) an interview seemingly designed to specifically undermine his hosts entire political position while at the same time sitting sweetly next to her at dinner before flatly turning down a request to ask Putin just what the F is going on with his nerve gas before finally, seemingly innocently mentioning that that raving idiot that just resigned as Foreign Sec would make a great PM dontcha think?

All this before a quick round of golf to promote his own business interests in the UK and then off to see Putin and talk about how else he can undermine shared European defence for him.

Classy!
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

andi*pandi
Jul 13, 2018, 10:59 AM

Apparently his widdle feelings were hurt by his reception by the people of England:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/wor...CIJ/story.html

Protest organizers say they plan to stage demonstrations in some 50 cities around the U.K.

‘‘We hope that wherever Donald Trump goes, he hears and sees the strength of a British opinion that rejects not just him as a person and however distasteful he is as a person, but the policies and politics that he represents,’’ said Asad Rehman, organizer of UK Protests Against Trump’s Visit.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 13, 2018, 11:57 AM

Murdoch owns the Sun so no surprise. What is surprising is he later called the interview fake news. The Sun then called him calling the interview fake news fake news, and now I wish I were drunk

Doc HM  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Murdoch owns the Sun so no surprise. What is surprising is he later called the interview fake news. The Sun then called him calling the interview fake news fake news, and now I wish I were drunk
So we have the madness of Trump wildly claiming he has recordings that prove its fake news, and claiming the sun didn't print things that are ACTUALLY IN PHYSICALY PRINT IN A NEWSPAPER (for a low value of newspaper), while the Sun actually release their actual recordings to the BBC with Trumps actual voice etc.

But these must be alternative facts so its ALL fine.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 13, 2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Apparently his widdle feelings were hurt by his reception by the people of England:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/wor...CIJ/story.html
That’s a pretty low energy balloon.

reader50
Administrator
Jul 13, 2018, 02:49 PM

Notice the balloon is realistic? It's carrying Trump's unsecured iPhone. That lets foreign governments track his every move. Because he refuses the monthly swaps of random secured phones.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 14, 2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Notice the balloon is realistic? It's carrying Trump's unsecured iPhone. That lets foreign governments track his every move. Because he refuses the monthly swaps of random secured phones.
I seem to recall people saying that was criminal when Hillary did what I assume was a much less problematic version of the same thing.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 14, 2018, 09:54 AM

There are massive protests happening though. Maybe it is a pity we don't all own Barrett 50 Cals.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Doc HM  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 15, 2018, 08:02 AM

Sue the EU

Trump's big advice to Theresa May.

uh huh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44838028

Thorzdad
Jul 15, 2018, 11:40 AM

And, now, off to Helsinki!

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2018, 01:23 PM

I never, in my wildest imagination, at 71, thought I would witness the very real possibility of the country we emigrated to in 1953, becoming the very shit-hole he's making it.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Forum Links
Forum Rules