Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Martha Stewart Christmas Special

Martha Stewart Christmas Special
bradvan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2000, 09:42 PM

At the beginning, santa was using a G4 Cube with Apple's 15 inch flat panel display.

kate
Dec 6, 2000, 10:15 PM

yep... caught that, too. It was definately a big plug for the CUBE. It must have popped up 5 or 6 times throughout the show. They weren't afraid to show the apple logo either, as it must have been on the screen once for five solid seconds at one point. Is there some kind of connection between Martha and apple?

kate

bradvan  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2000, 10:28 PM

Kate, I don't know that there's any connection between Martha and Apple, but I heard she had several Apple machines. About two years ago I read she had something like five PowerBooks and close to a dozen PowerMacs, including the ones running her website. Martha obviously didn't use all of these personally, but her staff used them. She also had about five Wintel machines, and I recently noticed the machine she uses on the show is a Wintel box as well. She may have somewhat moved away from Macs, but at least she or Apple requested a Cube placement for this special.

Forum Links
Forum Rules