Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Keyboard Problem on DVSE

Keyboard Problem on DVSE
PhilB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 1999, 09:39 PM

I'm not sure how prevalent it is with new DVSE's but I've had mine about 2 weeks when I couldn't get it to boot up. I thought it was the recently installed OS 9 but a call to Apple Support (very good, BTW) confirmed that the problem was the USB ports on the keyboard. I could use the mouse (or in my case the Turbo Ball) and keyboard if they were both plugged directly into the computer but couldn't get it to boot at all if the mouse was plugged into the keyboard...either side. It reminded me of the serial ports on the older Macs(we used to call them fuses). Anyway I'm getting a new keyboard from Apple (They decided it was defective from the beginning). It would be interesting to see if there are any other such reports.

But I do love my iMac.

Phil

justin balmos
Nov 7, 1999, 06:38 PM

yes, i have been haveing the exact same problem. though no one at apple seemed to know what it was, or what to do. how did you go about getting them to send you a new one? it would be greatly appreciated.

PhilB  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 1999, 06:53 PM

Justin,

I just called the Apple Support number listed in my support manual and told them the problem. When we tried to fix it there was only two solutions left: new keyboard or new computer. The reason they sent one was that I was over two hours from a Hardware Support site (dealer). I could have gone there and gotten a new keyboard overnight.

justin balmos
Nov 7, 1999, 11:18 PM

thanks, now all i have to do is tal to apple support again, see where the closest place to me is.you have been the only help i have gotten so far since my intro to the mac world. thank you. by the way i love my i mac as well and will more when i get it all working

Forum Links
Forum Rules