Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Anyone having Photoshop 7 trouble?

Anyone having Photoshop 7 trouble?
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2002, 09:43 PM

Is anyone out there having trouble with Photoshop 7? I have had no problems, and I use it daily, but a friend of mine is having trouble with it, once he installs it and goes to run it, it gives him the following message, "Could not complete your request because certain required files were not found in Adobe 7.0 required folder. Reinstall Photoshop to restore these files.". He has a new iMac and it so far has had a few problems with software acting weird. Apps randomly quitting etc. We have reformatted twice. Thats two more times than I have reformatted my old dual 533. Are there maybe any conflicts out there that I don't know about? Like when AIM stopped working when you installed the new divx codec. He is the only person that has had this problem. And we have reinstalled it several times. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

KidRed
Professional Poster
May 18, 2002, 10:45 PM

He just needs to trash all adobe files and reinstall. The app can't find certain files that it wants, no biggie, I have no problems with my 10.1.4 copy, but when I boot into 10.2 on another partition to use PS off the first partition, I get the same error. It's looking for something in the start up copy of X that it's not finding.

Is his PS on the same partition that he's running form? If so, simply reinstall it.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2002, 10:55 PM

He only has a single partition and he has reinstalled many times, same thing every time. 10.1.4 as well. ?

KidRed
Professional Poster
May 18, 2002, 11:21 PM

I assume you have it installed on your machine, can you verify with his, that you both have the same files in the exact locations?

By 'reformatting' do you mean, zeroing the drive and starting from scratch? If not, then that may be an idea if he's having problems with other apps.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2002, 11:35 PM

Yes twice since he got it we have reformatted. He is fresh off the 2nd one. I never ever reformat ever, and I never have problems. Where else does photoshop install files besides the Photoshop folder? If you tell me where I can check.

Toyin
Mac Elite
May 19, 2002, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by l008com:
<STRONG>Yes twice since he got it we have reformatted. He is fresh off the 2nd one. I never ever reformat ever, and I never have problems. Where else does photoshop install files besides the Photoshop folder? If you tell me where I can check.</STRONG>
Check home/Library/Application Support and "your drive name"/Library/Application support

There are a number of adobe files in both locations

Also delete all yourAdobe preferences in home/Library/Preferences
-Toyin
13" MBA 1.8ghz i7
"It's all about the rims that ya got, and the rims that ya coulda had"
S.T. 1995

Marienbad
May 19, 2002, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by Toyin:
<STRONG>

Check home/Library/Application Support and "your drive name"/Library/Application support

There are a number of adobe files in both locations

Also delete all yourAdobe preferences in home/Library/Preferences</STRONG>
For what it's worth while looking in a non-Adobe application folder I found two GoLive files that appeared to be intended for one of the Application Support folders. I have no idea how they wound up there . . . you might want to compare the files in the Library folders on your computer with the files on your friend's computer -- see if anything is missing.

Beer Penguin
Forum Regular
May 20, 2002, 02:21 AM

I was having similar problems with lots of software after I deleted my original username, the one created during OS X install. Ask him if he did this, and if so, he has to reformat.
Dooby, dooby doo.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 20, 2002, 02:23 AM

I know he hasn't he is VERY fresh of a reformat and has done virtually nothing but install some essentials.

Brazuca
Mac Elite
May 20, 2002, 01:07 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'll be interested in hearing if there is a solution.
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

mftalon
Forum Regular
May 20, 2002, 06:07 PM

You guys might check the adobe support forum at their website. I know I've found solutions there when I've had problems with Adobe apps. I regularly see posts from Adobe staff there trying to help, as well as power users.
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

You'll need to register to get in, or if you've registered your software with adobe at their website you can use the login and pass you created then.

From that list select the photoshop forum and take a look.

I hope this helps.
You have to wonder...
www.creativebush.com

Brazuca
Mac Elite
May 21, 2002, 03:09 AM

Originally posted by mftalon:
<STRONG>You guys might check the adobe support forum at their website. I know I've found solutions there when I've had problems with Adobe apps. I regularly see posts from Adobe staff there trying to help, as well as power users.
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

You'll need to register to get in, or if you've registered your software with adobe at their website you can use the login and pass you created then.

From that list select the photoshop forum and take a look.

I hope this helps.</STRONG>
I checked it. A search only shows one topic that is related, though the user had the same problem, it was with Photoshop 6.

The one response suggested installing Photoshop 6 in OS 9 instead of X.
I just tried this and it didn't work.
I also went through the installed files by photoshop and everything seem in order.
I get the same error whether I run it from X, Classic, or OS 9.
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

Brazuca
Mac Elite
May 22, 2002, 02:51 PM

Anyone else have any ideas on this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules