Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Will we see an updated MBP at the Jan 07 MacExpo?

Will we see an updated MBP at the Jan 07 MacExpo?
Thread Tools
NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 08:03 PM
 
Will we see an updated MBP at the Jan 07 MacExpo to go along with the release of the new OS 10.5?
What about the new Quad-Core notebooks (Intel Penryn)? An early 2007 appearance?
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme
     
tintin220
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 08:19 PM
 
Dude, Penryn isn't until 2nd half of 2k7. They only just finished design stuff on it in November. I doubt there will be any significant updates as there isn't any new technology that would warrant an upgrade. I would wait at least year if you want a quad-core lappy (and another 3+ months, so bugs can be sorted... hmm, 2 years = perfect timing for when i go to college)
♥ PowerBook G4 1.67 15" / Silver 2G iPod Nano
     
SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Truckee, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 08:29 PM
 
No reason to update existing MBs or MBPs, but IMO a laptop to fill the large gap between limited 13" MBs and powerful 15" MBPs has a fair chance. Perhaps a pro executive laptop or Macbook Thin.

-Allen Wicks
     
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Why do you care?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 08:52 PM
 
No and No.
2.3GHz i7 15" Retina Macbook Pro (Late 2013)
     
mduell
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 08:58 PM
 
No substantial bumps available for January. With the recent C2D update, I don't expect to see any tweaks at all.
Quad laptops won't be out until Septemberish 2007. I expect we'll see one more revision before that, probably in the March-April timeframe to incorporate the new Santa Rosa chipset (800Mhz FSB, Robson flash cache, etc).
     
MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 10:21 PM
 
well what will be at the Jan 07 MacExpo then? iphone? and....
     
Anoesis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Mar 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 10:27 PM
 
I think apple at least update the screens for the mbp since peope have been complaining about the grainy look to them
     
NateEssex  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 10:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by Anoesis View Post
I think apple at least update the screens for the mbp since peope have been complaining about the grainy look to them
I haven't seen the new MBPs. Are the screens grainy?! That "could" be a fix.

Personally, I would LOVE a nice 13" MBP with a REAL video card.
( Last edited by NateEssex; Dec 3, 2006 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spell check)
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme
     
Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: With my kitties!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 11:03 PM
 
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you
     
shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 11:15 PM
 
new mbp in april
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555
     
tintin220
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 3, 2006, 11:42 PM
 
Like people have said, most likely a minor revision in April, quad cores by christmas 2k7.
For this MacWorld, probably iPhone and new cinema displays with higher res to take advantage of the bigger icons in leopard.

edit: dale, you have a cute cat.
♥ PowerBook G4 1.67 15" / Silver 2G iPod Nano
     
MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
 
"bigger icons in leopard." ?
     
NateEssex  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 01:03 AM
 
Originally Posted by tintin220 View Post
For this MacWorld, probably iPhone...
I would LOVE an iPhone. My only fear is that it's not big on the iCal area. I'm also hoping you can have more than 100 songs on it.
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme
     
Simon
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: in front of my Mac
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 04:03 AM
 
No new MB(P)s at MWSF.

Spring 2007 will bring Santa Rosa MBPs. Penryn by Fall 2007.

If anything non-iPod related hardware, I'd say MWSF will be about the iTV and possibly the MP and the ACDs.
     
bloodline
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Not far from a shop that sells Logic Pro
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 10:45 AM
 
I bet we will see a speed bump in April, then Quad Cores in October.
2.8 Ghz Unibody MacBook Pro 15" - 4GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0
2.33 Ghz C2D MacBook Pro 15" - 3GB Ram - Logic Pro 7.2
1.5 Ghz G4 PowerBook 12" - 1.25GB Ram
     
phazedowt
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 01:40 PM
 
15" MBP, 2.33 GHz C2D, 120GB HD, 2 GB RAM, OS X 10.4. 4GB iPod Nano.
     
anthology123
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Palo Alto, CA USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 02:51 PM
 
Can't see how a mbp 12" would have any advantage over a mb. It's not likely to be any lighter unless they take out the media drive as an external, not likely to happen.
All the things mentioned above that could REASONABLY show up at Macworld are things that don't warrant a ... and one more thing.... announcement. Also, chances are slime they would make one for a product that won't show up for another 6 months.

If anything, the iTV device would be the thing... ready for sale that day.
     
Zeeb
Mac Elite
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manhattan, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 07:22 PM
 
Originally Posted by anthology123 View Post
Can't see how a mbp 12" would have any advantage over a mb. It's not likely to be any lighter unless they take out the media drive as an external, not likely to happen.
All the things mentioned above that could REASONABLY show up at Macworld are things that don't warrant a ... and one more thing.... announcement. Also, chances are slime they would make one for a product that won't show up for another 6 months.

If anything, the iTV device would be the thing... ready for sale that day.
I disagree. A lot of people complain that the mb just doesn't run games and/or some professional applications like a mbp can. A small, highly portable, aluminum mbp would be a hit and very stylish IMO. Just about every computer maker has an an ultra light notebook in their lineup so clearly there is a market for them. Apple is probably waiting because they couldn't immediately engineer an intel version that didn't cause 3rd degree burns.

Not that it matters much, but while waiting for my repaired 15" mbp, the tech told me they get people coming in looking for 12 mbp every day. He said they were almost certainly going to make them soon, though I imagine he is speculating just like everyone else.
     
mduell
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 4, 2006, 07:41 PM
 
Originally Posted by anthology123 View Post
Can't see how a mbp 12" would have any advantage over a mb. It's not likely to be any lighter unless they take out the media drive as an external, not likely to happen.
The 13" MacBook weighs in at 5.2lb.
Sony has a 13" laptop with an optical drive at 4.1lb.
Panasonic has a 12" laptop with optical drive at 2.8lb.
NEC has a 12" laptop with an optical drive at 2.5lb.
I think Apple can do better for a 12-13" MBP.
( Last edited by mduell; Dec 4, 2006 at 07:53 PM. )
     
SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Truckee, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 5, 2006, 03:46 AM
 
Originally Posted by MattJeff View Post
well what will be at the Jan 07 MacExpo then? iphone? and....
Just the fastest towers on the planet, twice as many cores, probably with dual SLI graphics and up to 32 GB or more of addressable RAM.

-Allen Wicks
     
palple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 5, 2006, 07:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by anthology123 View Post
Can't see how a mbp 12" would have any advantage over a mb. It's not likely to be any lighter unless they take out the media drive as an external, not likely to happen.
All the things mentioned above that could REASONABLY show up at Macworld are things that don't warrant a ... and one more thing.... announcement. Also, chances are slime they would make one for a product that won't show up for another 6 months.

If anything, the iTV device would be the thing... ready for sale that day.
It could be smaller, lighter and with a discrete graphic card: I'd buy it
iMac fp 15'' G4 700Mhz, 256MB RAM, 10.3.8
iBook 12'' G4 1.2Ghz, 768MB RAM, 60G, 10.4.0
     
NateEssex  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 5, 2006, 08:01 PM
 
I also visit a site about mobile phones. If you're interested in some speculation on an iPhone, try this thread:
Ed Colligan Laughs At Apple Phone - TreoCentral.com

Post 14 is very interesting...
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme
     
YangZone
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2000
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 5, 2006, 10:20 PM
 
'Seen the specs on the Sony? The MBP needs a significant hardware bump... SOON! If the the Sony ran OS X it would be the dreamn machine.
     
wilsonng
Senior User
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Guam USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 5, 2006, 10:36 PM
 
I thought Santa Rosa wouldn't come out until March 2007. Maybe May 2007 would be a better release date for new MBPs?
You can bend my ear. We can talk all day. Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say. -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET
     
SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Truckee, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 12:22 AM
 
Originally Posted by anthology123 View Post
Can't see how a mbp 12" would have any advantage over a mb...
Many of the far more competent features of the MBP could be put into a 13-14" form factor:

MBP versus MB
Thinner vs. thicker
FW800 v. no FW800
3 GB RAM v. 2 GB RAM
More pixels v. less pixels
Backlit keyboard v. no backlit keyboard
Good graphics card v. no graphics card
Express Card Slot v. no Express Card Slot

Apple might have to sacrifice the Express Card slot and/or the graphics card to make it fit, but clearly there is a huge hole in the product lineup now.

IMO a 12" display in the new widescreen format would be Apple-cool, but would be really small (remember, the 12" PB was not widescreen). So there is potentially room for two products: a 12" MacBook Thin and a 13-14" more functional MBP.

-Allen Wicks
( Last edited by SierraDragon; Dec 6, 2006 at 12:30 AM. )
     
Mixa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denmark
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 10:44 AM
 
So there really is no reason for me waiting to buy a MBP untill Jan. 07'?

I could imagine Apple would launch Leopard somewhere around the same time as Vista(For the main public). But of course i could be wrong.

The reason why i'm hesitating to buy a MBP, is because if i buy one now, and Leopard, iLife 07' and maybe even a new form factor for the MBP will get announced at Macworld.
I will have to pay for the upgrades and have an outdated model i just bought a month ago, which would be a bitch for me. Especially since it's so pricy, and there's such a small period of time between the purchase and the new announcements.

Guess i should just wait and see?
     
Zeeb
Mac Elite
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manhattan, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 12:06 PM
 
Yes, wait. There will be those who tell you, "if you need it now, get it now". That may be good advice if you have absolutely no access to a computer unless you get a new one.

It sucks to have bought a new computer only to have a better, cheaper model come out the very next week. In this case we know for a fact that Apple is at least coming out with a new OS soon. That alone is an extra $130 that you wont have to spend if you wait for it.

When buying a new computer from Apple I generally wait until the very next update and buy it immediately then. I think that's a good balance between making sure you aren't caught with the last model a few days before the new one comes out and not waiting eternally for the next update carrot dangled in front of you.

In this case, I might alter my strategy a bit to say that I would buy the first hardware update on or after Leopard is introduced.
     
VicG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 12:46 PM
 
Hey people! What would you say? Would it be nice if Apple would up the VRAM/Graphics chip to minimum 512 MB in the next "update" like Toshiba did in their Satellite P100-ST9742 ? Though this may mean they may need to switch suppliers. Toshiba uses the Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GTX with 512 MB DDR3. If one is working in graphics and especially HD video production, it would sure be nice to have that additional graphics power when in the "field". The Mac Book Pro would then really jump to a higher level of pro portables. Apple probably already has people asking for this, but perhaps this request should be sent to them again and again and again...
( Last edited by VicG; Dec 6, 2006 at 01:18 PM. )
     
ggirton
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Sheman Oaks CA, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 12:47 PM
 
Imagining for a moment what would be the most fun thing to unveil, if you were Steve Jobs, as the "oh, just one more thing," I'd say it's a tossup between a two-pound MacBook Pro (a real beauty which I would obtain in Jan or Febb to replace my 12-inch Powerbook which I have come to love and carry everywhere but is a little bit heavy) and an 8-core (dual quads) Mac Pro Tower.

Which one for 'just one more thing?' The Dual Quad Mac Pro Tower. It seems so obvious.
a penny here a penny there, pretty soon you're talking two cents
     
VicG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 12:54 PM
 
Here's another "wish" - that the 15" Mac Book Pro match the 17" in all, except, of course, the screen size.
( Last edited by VicG; Dec 6, 2006 at 01:27 PM. )
     
SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Truckee, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 04:39 PM
 
I bought a matte 17" screen C2D MBP just a week ago, because I needed it now and do not see any major changes soon in 17" MBPs. However within one month of Mac Expo SF it does often pay to wait, just to glean the latest info and any price restructuring that always occurs.

Also there is a debate going on now about alleged "graininess" issues with matte 15" MBP displays. If 15" matte is your screen choice it may be worth waiting until then to be sure full info is on the street. Note: personaly I saw no such grain issues in my prepurchase screen evaluations.

Both matte and glossy 17" C2D MBP screens are spectacular (the extra pixels make a difference!); also no issues have been alleged against the 15" glossy screens.

-Allen Wicks
     
mduell
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 07:46 PM
 
No change to the 15/17 at MWSF. There's nothing compelling to release before Santa Rosa hits the market in spring.

A new, smaller member of the family is a strong possibility.
     
pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2006, 07:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by SierraDragon View Post
Just the fastest towers on the planet, twice as many cores, probably with dual SLI graphics and up to 32 GB or more of addressable RAM.

-Allen Wicks
hell yeah. can't wait
Hear and download my debut EP 'Ice Pictures' for free here
     
asuh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 7, 2006, 01:14 AM
 
So assuming that the Quad core MBP won't be out until next year, there's only one major reason that I can think of to hold off until no earlier than late January or early Feburary for purchasing a MBP, and that would be to get Leopard installed on it. That way you save the extra $130 that you'd have to spend anyway. I'd love to get one with the Santa Rosa hardware but we might be waiting until almost summer. I hate having to make these kinds of decisions.
     
MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 7, 2006, 11:14 PM
 
wont santa rosa be a 1st Generation computer? like the first intel MBP? New everything inside?
     
brokenjago
Mac Elite
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 03:18 AM
 
Originally Posted by asuh
So assuming that the Quad core MBP won't be out until next year, there's only one major reason that I can think of to hold off until no earlier than late January or early Feburary for purchasing a MBP, and that would be to get Leopard installed on it. That way you save the extra $130 that you'd have to spend anyway. I'd love to get one with the Santa Rosa hardware but we might be waiting until almost summer. I hate having to make these kinds of decisions.
Leopard has a vague and pending release date of "Spring 2007".

The first day of Spring in 2007 is March 21st.
Linkinus is king.
     
Zeeb
Mac Elite
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manhattan, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 09:00 AM
 
Originally Posted by brokenjago View Post
Leopard has a vague and pending release date of "Spring 2007".

The first day of Spring in 2007 is March 21st.
Yeah, but you can't go by the time frame Apple announces since they often don't stick to it. According to the original announcement, we're still supposed to be in the middle of the intel transition. Maybe Leopard will come out in the Spring but maybe it will be out sooner. Steve has had his employees harnessed to their computers and if he's been whipping them hard they might be ahead of schedule.
     
DKeithA
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 09:19 AM
 
Just buy the damn computer if you need it. There will ALWAYS be something on the cusp of being released.
     
bloodline
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Not far from a shop that sells Logic Pro
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 10:52 AM
 
The right time to buy any computer is only when you need it. If you don't need it, don't buy it.
2.8 Ghz Unibody MacBook Pro 15" - 4GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0
2.33 Ghz C2D MacBook Pro 15" - 3GB Ram - Logic Pro 7.2
1.5 Ghz G4 PowerBook 12" - 1.25GB Ram
     
mduell
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 08:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by MattJeff View Post
wont santa rosa be a 1st Generation computer? like the first intel MBP? New everything inside?
No, it's just a new chipset and marginally different CPUs (from the same product line). Knowing Apple they'll keep the same graphics and the case/battery will be unchanged.
     
mduell
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 08:21 PM
 
Originally Posted by asuh View Post
I'd love to get one with the Santa Rosa hardware but we might be waiting until almost summer.
March 2007 is the latest on the Santa Rosa release date, but it's hard to say when the MBP will see the update.
Sometimes Apple is the first to jump on the bandwagon (Core Duo), other times Apple is dragged along by the rest of the industry (Core 2 Duo).
If the performance bump is as good as it's thought to be, I'd guess Apple will be one of the first to release it.
     
macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 08:47 PM
 
Originally Posted by mduell View Post
If the performance bump is as good as it's thought to be, I'd guess Apple will be one of the first to release it.
Here's hoping performance isn't the only factor that makes Apple release new MBP's. I'm really counting on a new design. Obviously it can hardly go any thinner if at all, but maybe they should use some lightweight materials to make the darn thing lighter and easier to carry out.

I don't know how Sony does it but the Vaio looks bloody classy and is a treat to walk around with.
     
GettingOld
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 8, 2006, 11:57 PM
 
That's what is coming in addition to the iPhone. If you notice, Tiger server and Airport Extreme are out of stock everywhere...
     
MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 10, 2006, 07:16 PM
 
you think a case redesign is coming?
     
macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 10, 2006, 07:21 PM
 
Airport Extreme I think will most definitely get a bump to 802.11n, considering all the latest MB, MBP's and iMac's come with that chipset.

Now only if someone can tell me for sure there's a case redesign happening, and I'll get my hunting eyes off of MBP's on eBay.
     
Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Express
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 10, 2006, 07:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by brokenjago View Post
Leopard has a vague and pending release date of "Spring 2007".

The first day of Spring in 2007 is March 21st.
And the last day of spring is June 20. So there's 3 months in between that Leopard can be released, like Tiger was announced for Spring 2005 and it was released in late April that year.
     
Regilad
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 10, 2006, 07:59 PM
 
В Интернете появилось два очень интересных видео, о новых способах умножения. Смотреть
тут и тут (второй вариант).
     
MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 10, 2006, 08:48 PM
 
Originally Posted by Regilad View Post
В Интернете появилось два очень интересных видео, о новых способах умножения. Смотреть
тут и тут (второй вариант).
?
     
bloodline
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Not far from a shop that sells Logic Pro
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 11, 2006, 07:03 AM
 
Originally Posted by macboy View Post

I don't know how Sony does it but the Vaio looks bloody classy and is a treat to walk around with.
The problem is that the Vaio looks cheap, and wouldn't survive the rigours of hard touring... Aluminium is really good for harsh conditions!
2.8 Ghz Unibody MacBook Pro 15" - 4GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0
2.33 Ghz C2D MacBook Pro 15" - 3GB Ram - Logic Pro 7.2
1.5 Ghz G4 PowerBook 12" - 1.25GB Ram
     
VicG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
 
Originally Posted by Regilad View Post
В Интернете появилось два очень интересных видео, о новых способах умножения. Смотреть
тут и тут (второй вариант).
Not sure where the above fits into this thread, but here it is.

Translation:

Two very interesting videos have appeared on the internet, regarding new methods of multiplication (of "big numbers"). Take a look here (тут - pronounced "toot") and here (a second variant).

Multiplication using simple graphics. The sites are in Russian and some English. Have fun.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,