Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Old School (tribute mix)

Old School (tribute mix)
sodamnregistered
Mar 9, 2001, 11:13 PM

I 've rewarded my workhouse 9500 with New G3/400 1MB card and 320MB of that expensive-butt Fast Page Ram acquired over the years with a clean install to Mac OS 9.1.

I've been pounding her the last few days <sic> and have been aptly rewarded. Burned about 50 CD-ROMs with the booty whippin' Plextor 8x SCSI CD-R , been scanning a client's photos and getting my financials/tax ick ready in Excel 2001.

I could go on about how when I quit my job (4 years ago) with $4000 to my name and spent $1400 of that on just the 9500/132 alone (open-box from MacWorks) and then spent crazy amounts like $650 for a Sony 17-inch monitor.

How this one machine's productivity $$$ begat a PII266 (in the day- my first PC foray) and now a dozen machines (PIII, K7, G4, G4mp) and a decent enough business.

It's that kinda dusty beige looking with the colorful apple for relief. It's heavy and I drop the motherboard out the back to add ram, but, damn, this machine has been so fine.

I salute my October 1995 9500/132 and it's flawless perfomance over the years. Keep on truckin'.

The Dude
Banned
Mar 10, 2001, 12:28 AM

They sure don't build 'em like they used to...

Forum Links
Forum Rules