Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Pages - broken margin controls?

Pages - broken margin controls?
danviento
Jul 8, 2009, 02:02 PM

I'm currently formating a Pages document for PDF export to read on an eBook reader, so I need to have extremely small margins. I know I've made similar documents in the past by just setting up a custom page size formatted for "any printer" which gives me any margin size i want, but not now.

Pages seems to be restricting me to a forced .5" margin at the top and bottom of each page. I've done all the usual stuff - turn off headers and footers, set the margins in the custom paper size and the document pane of the info window, forced all the column margins > layout margins to 0, etc. but Pages still forces the .5" margin.

The rulers correctly show the greyed-out margin areas I've specified in the page size, but the .5" margin is still forced on me.

Anyone know what changed? Why it did? Most importantly, how the heck to regain control of my word processor?

danviento  (op)
Jul 8, 2009, 02:29 PM

After a little more fiddling, I found the answer:

Turn on headers and footers, and set their placement to 0", then turn them off again. It's sort of an assanine arrangement, but it works.

Yeah, Apple, that was obvious...

Forum Links
Forum Rules