Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > AppleScript Guidebook?

AppleScript Guidebook?
Fleck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2002, 10:21 AM

I consider myself a "newbie" to AppleScript, so I like to refer back to the AppleScript Guidebook in the Help Center. Since upgrading to 9.2.2, I can't install the Guidebooks. I get this message:

The AppleScript Guidebook uses Help Viewer
version 1.2 or higher, which is installed by default
with Mac OS 8.6 or higher.

The only option I have, when this dialog box appears, is to select 'Cancel' (which cancels the installation).

Anyone have a solution?
Fleck

Sorry if this topic has been addressed before, I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Fleck

Fleck  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2002, 08:14 PM

I checked out the AppleScript Discussions at Apple's website and found out others are having the same problem, but no complete solution was listed.

Any suggestions?

Fleck
Fleck

Fleck  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2002, 08:39 PM

If anyone is interested, I solved my own problem. I feel pretty stupid because I can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier.

I installed 9.1 on one of my HD partitions, installed the Guidebook modules on the 9.1 partition, and transferred the help files to my 9.2.2 partition.

Fleck
Fleck

Forum Links
Forum Rules