Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > WACOM owned by MOONIES (Sun MYUNG MOON followers)

WACOM owned by MOONIES (Sun MYUNG MOON followers)
zonagram
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2006, 03:30 PM

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT] WACOM corporation is owned by Happy World holding companay which is the financial holding company for True World Foods and other businesses whose beneficiaries are the Unification church and Rev. Sun Myung Moon and family.

They poy slave wages (which the members are required to turn back to the church) and make their members work slave hours.

for the benefit of Sun Myung Moon and family and leadership.

If you don't want to support despotism, Kindly buy a different brand of graphic tablete and do not patronize nor support WACOM products whatsoever anymore.

thank you.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2006, 06:33 PM

You would appear to be on some sort of mission.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

siMac
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2006, 07:18 AM

Links?
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

Thorzdad
Sep 18, 2006, 08:59 AM

Provide links and evidence, zonagram. Otherwise, go away.

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2006, 10:39 AM

Who in their right mind would buy a non-Wacom tablet? At any rate, I'm sure if YOU knew about this, then the authorities would too. I highly doubt it's real.

Plus, it's like saying ...

"I'm famous. I met a guy who was related to a friend of Elton John's neice twice removed."
 Certified AppleCare Technician

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 18, 2006, 11:27 AM

I wish I could get to poy slave wages. Damn slave wages—deserve some poying, they do!

(Also: wrong forum, spam, ban, lock, rinse, repeat, etc.)

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2006, 11:30 AM

If it's true, what does it matter? The Washington Times is owned by the Moonies, and not too many people care about that fact.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

scottiB
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2006, 11:33 AM

( Last edited by scottiB; Sep 18, 2006 at 05:59 PM. )
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Oisín
I wish I could get to poy slave wages. Damn slave wages—deserve some poying, they do!

(Also: wrong forum, spam, ban, lock, rinse, repeat, etc.)
No, you're thinking of Poi -- that sh*t's awful.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Westbo
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by zonagram
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT] WACOM corporation is owned by Happy World holding companay which is the financial holding company for True World Foods and other businesses whose beneficiaries are the Unification church and Rev. Sun Myung Moon and family.

They poy slave wages (which the members are required to turn back to the church) and make their members work slave hours.

for the benefit of Sun Myung Moon and family and leadership.

If you don't want to support despotism, Kindly buy a different brand of graphic tablete and do not patronize nor support WACOM products whatsoever anymore.

thank you.
Hmm... according to the WACOM corp web site, "Wacom Technology Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wacom Co., Ltd. in Japan and is headquartered in Vancouver, WA." No mention of "Happy World" et al. See: Wacom Technology - Company Information

Do you have any proof or links?

W2

MaxPower
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2006, 04:37 PM

Somehow I think the message might have been received better if it had, indeed, been displayed in Book Antigua.

th3ph17
Sep 19, 2006, 11:46 AM

perhaps it would have been better not to know what we were missing.

eggman
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2006, 03:04 AM

This is true. I used to be a lead developer for a pioneering graphics software firm that created professional paint & illustration applications from '87 through to the the late 90's.

We often dealt with Wacom and used to wonder who made their hiring decisions because their employees pretty much consistently seemed... well... off, somehow. Then we found out that they were members of the Unification Church, and found that this was common knowledge throughout the industry.

Nowadays, all you have to do is Google "Wacom" along with "Unification Church". You'll find plenty of documentation regarding the ownership of the former by the latter.

I heard a couple of years ago - although this hasn't been substantiated - that Moon no longer owns Wacom in entirety. I don't know if that's true, or just a story planted to deflect sentiment against that church away from an otherwise thriving business venture.

red rocket
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2006, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Moon (1996)
Do you think that Father has been following money, fame, power and knowledge or God's truth? (God's truth.) His life has been opposing and denying all of these external things. However, now people regard Father as the most powerful, wealthy and deepest thinking man in the world. This all naturally followed. Reverend Moon is being admired in every aspect of life. Recently in Argentina we exhibited Father's life course at the Exposition there. There is no field which Father has not touched and become successful in. Consequently, everyone regards Father as a worldwide figure now. Father has initiated through WACOM varies fields of technology in Germany and Japan. Even in America through WRIST we have dealt with NASA. Highly qualified technicians recognized Father's contribution in their fields. God, together with Reverend Moon, helped those individuals involved in these organizations to become successful.

Originally Posted by some blogger (2004)
Oh, and I've been informed that the Wacom graphics tablet company is no longer a fully-owned subsidiary of Reverend Moon's Happy World company, though conflicts continue to rage between Unification Church interests and the new management. This news may reassure graphic designers out there that the universe is marginally less odd than you may have otherwise assumed.

I've never met any Moonies, but although they may be whacky, they certainly do make good tablets.

eggman
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by red rocket
I've never met any Moonies, but although they may be whacky, they certainly do make good tablets.
Maybe so, but their newspaper is the worst ever.

Forum Links
Forum Rules