Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > G4 AGP 400 Mhz Case

G4 AGP 400 Mhz Case
Gandhi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 22, 2002, 07:01 PM

I have a G4/AGP which is starting to burst past the confines of the case. Does anybody know of a third party vendor who manufactures a case that will fit the G4/AGP mobo ?

suhail
Senior User
Jul 22, 2002, 10:10 PM

Do you mean you ran out of PCI space? There is a manufacturer that makes an external PCI expansion box. There is also a manufacturer that makes a box that allows the G4 to fit in a Rack. I forgot the names of these manufacturers, but are any of these two choices what you need?

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Jul 23, 2002, 07:42 AM

Can I have/buy the old G4 case when you're done? Name a price. Email me!
Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

Gandhi  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2002, 10:46 AM

Sorry, no. I mean that I would like to transplant my computer to another case, with more expansion room (not necessarily PCI lots, but internal HD and CD drive space. Perhaps a redundant power supply and an extra fan or two. Basically I need a case that fits a G4/AGP mobo.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by suhail:
<strong>Do you mean you ran out of PCI space? There is a manufacturer that makes an external PCI expansion box. There is also a manufacturer that makes a box that allows the G4 to fit in a Rack. I forgot the names of these manufacturers, but are any of these two choices what you need?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 24, 2002, 03:47 PM

I'm sending this to the mac modification forum, since that's what you want to do, and people there will be able to help you out more.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Jul 24, 2002, 05:15 PM

try this <a href="http://www.marathoncomputer.com/prgseries.html" target="_blank">marathon computer</a>

COmie JOe
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2002, 01:43 AM

Hmm, I would say you could use any PC case and just move the LB mounting pegs around

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Jul 25, 2002, 07:29 AM

Ouch! $599 for a rack mount G4 case. Who makes it, Apple?
Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

Forum Links
Forum Rules