Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 15" G4 iMac/768MB/60GB/Airport/OSX

FS: 15" G4 iMac/768MB/60GB/Airport/OSX
adambooth
Dec 30, 2004, 07:14 AM

Up for sale, I've got a 15" G4 iMac. The specs are as follows:

15" LCD
800mhz G4 Processor
768MB RAM
60GB HD
Superdrive
Airport card installed
White Apple Pro Keyboard/Mouse
Apple Pro Speakers
Panther OS X installed
Comes with original CDs bundled with the computer

I really don't know how much to ask for this, and know it will cost quite a bit to ship. I accept PayPal and M.O.'s. I will ship the computer out UPS 2nd Day Air as soon as I recieve full payment, fully insured with tracking. It's a great system, and I can verify it works and runs OS X just fine with no problems, but haven't been able to totally verify it's condition. I'm selling this as-is. I really don't know how much its worth, but considering it will cost about $100 to ship, I will add that to my price.

$800 Shipped

PM me or email me (for fastest response):
[email protected]
[email protected] (MSN)

Thanks for looking!
( Last edited by adambooth; Jan 12, 2005 at 12:41 AM. )

adambooth  (op)
Jan 2, 2005, 03:42 AM

This went to eBay for a LOT lower than what I've listed here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5741781953

adambooth  (op)
Jan 10, 2005, 01:52 AM

This ended on eBay last night at a final price of $880 shipped. The buyer now totally refuses to pay me for the machine. I will sell this for $850 shipped, and will include an external firewire case with a pioneer A06 inside, as the CD drive is acting weird as stated in my auction.

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2005, 02:43 PM

That sucks, but it looks like none of your bidders were legit.

adambooth  (op)
Jan 11, 2005, 03:03 AM

One was, but doesn't want to complete a second chance offer. The other one is a small kid who doesn't understand how eBay works. Hopefully eBay will refund my fees or I'm out $38 for him wasting my time

omar96
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 11, 2005, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by adambooth:
One was, but doesn't want to complete a second chance offer. The other one is a small kid who doesn't understand how eBay works. Hopefully eBay will refund my fees or I'm out $38 for him wasting my time
They won't refund unless you file a non-paying bidder complaint, and if the kid gets 3 of them, he'll get banned from ebay.
eMac 1.25GHz | 1.5GB PC2700 | 250GB Maxtor HDD | 8x LiteOn DVD+-RW

Sawtooth 1.5GHz | 1GB PC133 | 120GB Maxtor HDD | 40x CD-RW (external) | 16x DVD-ROM | Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

discotronic
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by omar96:
They won't refund unless you file a non-paying bidder complaint, and if the kid gets 3 of them, he'll get banned from ebay.
There is a good chance he will get banned is the complaint is filed on this one. There was already 3 high dollar auctions that was backed out on. eBay needs to change their policy. I say that 2 times not paying for an item should be the most a person can get away with. Once is definitely enough.

adambooth  (op)
Jan 12, 2005, 12:37 AM

Well, I'm definately going to file a report since I have to wait until the 15th until I can even relist it on eBay, not to mention the buyer wasted my money and time. If anyone wants this computer, I will give it to you for an even $800, shipped UPS 2nd Day to your door.

adambooth  (op)
Jan 13, 2005, 04:59 PM

Price lowered to $700 shipped to your doorstep.

ashVID
Jan 15, 2005, 06:56 PM

Why was your eBay account suspended? I am interested but looks like many of these are going in the $500 - $650 range, UPS ground with insurance would only under $30.

ash =o)

adambooth  (op)
Jan 16, 2005, 01:11 AM

I canceled it because I'm tired of fooling with eBay. Personally, I don't care for their customer service and outrageous seller fees. I can't ship UPS ground because I'm in Alaska. We only have air service, and I find 2nd day is the best balance between economics and speed of delivery. I priced mine according to the going price on eBay. Keep in mind that mine is loaded with more RAM, Airport card is included, etc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules