Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FA: Sony Vaio SR17k, 2.98lbs!! ULTIMATE portable! New battery too!

FA: Sony Vaio SR17k, 2.98lbs!! ULTIMATE portable! New battery too!
Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 3, 2005, 12:17 PM

Almost brand new batter (only 28 charge cycles!), new harddrive (old one failed, put in a new one less than 1 year ago), flawless trackpad and screen, everything works, fresh install of Windows 2000 (All updates already done including SP4), Photoshop, Office, and includes wireless card, RJ45 card, external CDrom, and carrying case!
SOFTWARE INCLUDES THE CDS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!

A great computer! I'd keep it if I had the $ to pay my sister, but I'm selling it for her. It used to be my old computer, and it really is a great computer ignoring the fact it runs windows. The trackpad is 10000X better than any mac trackpad, I wish apple would take a cue from sony on this!

Here's the auction:

Awesome Sony Laptop Under 3 lbs!!!!

NOTE: I'd HURRY! I put a buy it now price on it, and some guy has emailed me with questions, sounds like he really really wants it, so I'm guessing this auction isn't going to last long!

Good luck!

- Ca$h

ashVID
Feb 3, 2005, 07:17 PM

I am interested but $1100 is insane. These are nice little light laptops but they go on eBay for $400 - $500. I would be willing to go for it in that range but for $1100 I can get a a brand new laptop.

ash =o)

Captain Egotist  (op)
Banned
Feb 3, 2005, 10:02 PM

Actually it's not. Check ebay for completed auctions. 4-500 dollar SR17s have broken trackpads, non working keyboards, bad batteries, etc, and don't come with much else.

Considering this one has none of the typical used laptop problems it's worth quite a bit more. Throw in the fact that it includes the external CD-rom (option) TWO network cards (wireless and regular rj45), all the original CDs and photoshop and office, PLUS a decent case (not some crappy nylon one), and it's a pretty good deal.

The new hard drive was $115ish, and the battery was well over $130.

$1100 is a decent price for it.

- Rob

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 3, 2005, 10:20 PM

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2005, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by mad cow disease:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Final Price: $370.

Overall Condition:
Fair: Laptop does not consistently power up. All accessories in excellent condition.
If Captain Egotist's price is high, people simply won't bid on it. If people don't bid on it, and he want's to sell it, he'll have to drop his price.

Captain Egotist  (op)
Banned
Feb 3, 2005, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by mad cow disease:

Final Price: $370.

Wow! That's incredible! Sound's like a fabulous computer except it doesn't power up!

Come on. Here are a few 'deals' on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...738768043&rd=1

Generic CD-Rom, only 1 wireless card, older battery, and word/photoshop not included.
Price: Well above $500

Keep looking. You won't find a working one with extras for under $500.

- Ca$h

PS: The auction STARTS at 450 with no reserve. Considering that's between 400-500 dollars, bid on it and see if you win. I'm guessing you won't, because it'll go quite a bit higher since it has zero problems and so many extras.

Forum Links
Forum Rules