Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Car Geeks: Another 2011 Nissan Altima Repair Question

Car Geeks: Another 2011 Nissan Altima Repair Question
NormPhillips
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2015, 07:41 PM

Hello,

On Sunday, I saw my check engine light was on my 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5s. I took it into Auto Zone and they found only one code reading: P2A00. I double checked online and spoke with friends, et cetera and they told me basically my Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) (upstream) Bank 1 Sensor 1 probably went bad.

I took it into the shop today and have performing some inspections and tests, they told me that BOTH my upstream and downstream sensors went bad.

Does this sound feasible to you? Could they both have gone bad at the same time and yet the check engine light comes on for just the upstream sensor? Or was I just taken advantage of?

Please let me know. Thanks.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2015, 10:12 PM

Could be both. Try resetting that code when the engine is warm; see if it comes back.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 17, 2015, 10:35 PM

If either sensor failed silently - ie, kept giving a normal-looking reading, the computer may not notice. The idiot light won't come on until at least one sensor gives a reading out of sync with the rest of the engine. So a double failure is possible. Difficult to prove, unless they handed over both old sensors and you did lab tests on them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules