Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Best External Computer Speakers?

Best External Computer Speakers?
dm294
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2007, 04:02 PM

I'm looking for a really good set of computer speakers. I'm willing to spend up to $500. Obviously, if I could find a set for less, that would be great. I've checked out the Bose Companion 5, and have seen mixed reviews about the simulated surround sound. I own a bose stereo, and I'm not very impressed. To me, the music always sounds distant and far too echoey. I don't know if this is the case with the companions. I've seen some great reviews for some of the logitech sets, and I know that there are a ton of very reputable speaker companies around. I was hoping that some of you might have a set that you are absolutely in love with. Surround sound isn't a necessity, but it would be nice. I want something that will have a nice balance in quality between music, games, and movies. Thanks!

Christopera
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2007, 06:12 PM

If you are very serious you may be intersted in saving up for this baby!

Sonos Digital Music System (ZP80 bundle) Digital Audio Receiver (DAR) reviews - CNET Reviews

Smillz
Nov 26, 2007, 06:20 PM

http://forums.macnn.com/57/consumer-...best-speakers/

Look through that thread, they know what they are talking about

kikkoman
Senior User
Nov 28, 2007, 06:18 AM

I like them so much, I'm going to plug the Blue Sky EXO 2.1 again. Not really fair to call them "computer speakers" as they are really studio monitors and designed to provide accurate sound. They sell for about $350

Forum Links
Forum Rules