Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Can I Get More from iSight?

Can I Get More from iSight?
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2004, 11:38 AM

Hi,

I have an iSight and it works wonderful! I use it all the time to chat with my sister in Paris at no cost for hours! It is great, but I want to get more use out of it.

I saw a PC frined of mine bought a camara and he is able to broadcast the viedo LIVE over the internet on a web page....you just go to the URL type in the password and BOM you are looking at the video the camara is capturing.

Is there any way I can do this with my Mac using the iSight? What apps would I need? any ideas?

Thanks.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2004, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by jorgem4:
Hi,

I have an iSight and it works wonderful! I use it all the time to chat with my sister in Paris at no cost for hours! It is great, but I want to get more use out of it.

I saw a PC frined of mine bought a camara and he is able to broadcast the viedo LIVE over the internet on a web page....you just go to the URL type in the password and BOM you are looking at the video the camara is capturing.

Is there any way I can do this with my Mac using the iSight? What apps would I need? any ideas?

Thanks.
Never tried it but they claimed it works..

http://www.bensoftware.com/index.html

villa

jorgem4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2004, 01:40 PM

The app looks good...but will it let me broadcast over the internet?...What I want to do is broadcast LIVE video over the internet...does any one know how to do this?

Thanks

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2004, 02:08 PM

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2004, 02:33 PM

I've tried QT BroadCaster. It's good, but can be a bit fiddly to set up. If all you want to send is video, then EvoCam is very good. Audio should be coming to this later.. streams from both software apps can be picked up by PC's. (for Evocam, any comp with java installed will get the stream)
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

jorgem4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2004, 03:07 PM

Grrr,

Got the link for Evo? I tried broadcaster and could not get it to work...I think it is because my connection is being split up by a router...and the IP thing did not work very well...Besides I want to be able to log into a web page and see the video....

Any more ideas?

Thanks for all the in put.

Jorge.

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2004, 03:51 PM

EvoCam
I've got this to work on a local network, and across the internet with no problem.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules