Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I need a simple todo app for my iPhone

I need a simple todo app for my iPhone
macfantn
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2010, 10:10 PM

Any recommendations?
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 11:12 PM

I really like Todo. It's not exactly simple, but it is very feature filled. There is a light version you can checkout for free.

I like it because you can set-up automatic repeating to-dos. Like Every Thursday it tells me to take out the recycling, and once a month it reminds me to do a full battery discharge. That sort of thing. It can send push reminders, you can sort lists by type... I don't really have any complaints about it at all.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

cgc
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2010, 07:29 PM

I use 2Do but I just saw the price went up to $6.99. Think I bought it for $2.99 a couple months ago. Very good app though.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Andrew88088
Nov 20, 2010, 12:44 AM

I've been using Todo, also. Lots of features, but can be as simple as you want. I bought it before I even knew what this whole GTD (Getting Things Done) thing was, but now I'm reading the book about it and am even more glad I bought it.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 20, 2010, 01:32 AM

I'm a huge fan of Put Things Off. It's designed specifically as a simple app. You hit the big plus to make a new task, and then type in the task. That's it. If you don't want to do it today, you hit the arrow on the task and it gets "put off" for a set number of days (default is three).

Beyond setting a due date (which can be anything, not just three days), changing the order of tasks, and grouping tasks, it has no other features, which is just perfect. No clutter. Super simple interface. Those last two features I mentioned are drag and drop.

Just got a major update and is on sale for a buck. You can pay extra to allow adding tasks from the web, but it's by no means necessary. I only signed up for that because the guy deserves the cash. The update was free.
( Last edited by subego; Nov 20, 2010 at 02:51 AM. )

JKT
Professional Poster
Nov 22, 2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
I use 2Do but I just saw the price went up to $6.99. Think I bought it for $2.99 a couple months ago. Very good app though.
It is a very good (and also very nicely designed) app, but the one thing I don't like about it is the absence of a quick entry feature, akin to the one you get in OmniFocus for the iPhone. As I'm stuck on an iPhone 3G for the foreseeable future, the (very) slow launch time of 2Do on the device kills it as a quick list making app.

Forum Links
Forum Rules