Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Waking from Sleep in Mountain Lion

Waking from Sleep in Mountain Lion
voicebox
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2012, 11:35 PM

Hi there,

I upgraded my iMac (see signature for specs) to Mountain Lion last week - all to the good, and in my view, all the things Lion should have been!

Although one little niggle is that after waking from sleep my iMac will now not automatically log onto my local wi-fi network, I have to do it manually. The router password is already in the keychain and the system should log on automatically after sleep - has anyone any ideas?

voicebox
"If you don't like the heat, don't go in the kitchen!"
17" Core2duo MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 4Gb/160HD Snow Leopard 10.6.8 || 15" PowerBook 1Gz 1Gb/120 HD Tiger 10.4.11|| 24" iMac 3.06Gz 4Gb/2TB HD Yosemite10.10.2

Ham Sandwich
Aug 7, 2012, 09:38 AM

Greetings. I am unable to delete my posts, and apparently you moderators are on some kind of a strike.

Therefore, I have removed the content of the original post by hand.

I am asking for this post to be deleted, since I don't seem to have the option to do that myself.

voicebox  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Andrej View Post
Try deleting and then re-adding your network.
Apologies for not replying sooner Andrej but I have been away - thank you for your post though!
I tried your suggestion and sadly it did not work. I have a feeling that this might be a known issue, so I will wait for the 10.8.1 update which will probably cure the problem!

Thanks again,

voicebox
17" Core2duo MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 4Gb/160HD Snow Leopard 10.6.8 || 15" PowerBook 1Gz 1Gb/120 HD Tiger 10.4.11|| 24" iMac 3.06Gz 4Gb/2TB HD Yosemite10.10.2

voicebox  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2012, 10:09 PM

Hi there,
Here is an update to my earlier posts.

I upgraded to OS X 10.8.1 but sadly the problem still persists.
A start up and or on waking from sleep, my iMac will not automatically log onto my wi-fi network, even though the wi-fi password is stored in the keychain. I have to wait for the 'Networks Window' to appear which shows my network and then log on manually.

A minor problem, but none the less, an irritating one!

As I said earlier, I tried deleting and then re-adding my network but that did not fix it. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? If so, then will we have to wait for 10.8.2 for a fix, or is there a fix already?

Other than that, I am experiencing no negative issues with Mountain Lion whatsoever - only positive ones!!
voicebox

voicebox  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2012, 10:10 PM

Hi there,
Here is an update to my earlier posts.

I upgraded to OS X 10.8.1 but sadly the problem still persists.
At start up and on waking from sleep, my iMac will not automatically log onto my wi-fi network, even though the wi-fi password is stored in the keychain. I have to wait for the 'Networks Window' to appear which shows my network and then log on manually.

A minor problem, but none the less, an irritating one!

As I said earlier, I tried deleting and then re-adding my network but that did not fix it. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? If so, then will we have to wait for 10.8.2 for a fix, or is there a fix already?

Other than that, I am experiencing no negative issues with Mountain Lion whatsoever - only positive ones!!
voicebox

Forum Links
Forum Rules