Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > CompUSA out of eMacs!!!

CompUSA out of eMacs!!!
beetleboy
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2004, 10:18 PM

I was all ready to purchase an eMac with a superdrive. I thought I was driving home with a new computer. They had not one in stock. Arrrrrgggg!!! So I bought a much needed router and cd burner for my classroom. I'm gonna try MacMall.

BTW, it's been a while since I've been here.

Happy to be back!!!

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger
G3 Lime iMac DV 400 Tiger
G3 Snow iMac SE 700 Panther
G3 Graphite iMac DV SE 400 Panther

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2004, 03:00 PM

if you are go a student you should pick up an emac from the apple store with the education discount...or you could buy mine

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

beetleboy  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2004, 07:57 PM

Well, my account at MacMall has an Emac and stuff waiting in the shopping cart. I'm just not sure I want an eMac now. When I was at CompUSA the eMac and iMac were right next to one another. That LCD on the iMac was so crisp and clear. It was almost addicting just to view. So, I'm still in limbo. I may just wait a few weeks longer to save up a little more money to get the 15 inch iMac. Can you get a 15 inch with a Superdrive? I hope so.

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2004, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by beetleboy:
Well, my account at MacMall has an Emac and stuff waiting in the shopping cart. I'm just not sure I want an eMac now. When I was at CompUSA the eMac and iMac were right next to one another. That LCD on the iMac was so crisp and clear. It was almost addicting just to view. So, I'm still in limbo. I may just wait a few weeks longer to save up a little more money to get the 15 inch iMac. Can you get a 15 inch with a Superdrive? I hope so.

Beetleboy
No, you can't get a 15" iMac with a Superdrive.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

beetleboy  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2004, 02:53 PM

Yeah, I see that the 15 inch iMac doesn't have the Superdrive option. Oh well, I'll just pick up a LaCie 8x DVD burner in a month or so.

I've made up my mind. I decided to get the 15 inch 1 ghz. iMac with combo drive from MacMall. I also got an extra 512MB RAM to supplement the 256MB already installed. That will be nice. It should arrive in a couple of days. I chose the UPS Next Day Air as my shipping option.

Now I wait in anticipation. I'll be checking the status every hour for the next few days!!!

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger

P
Feb 10, 2004, 09:02 AM

And here I was thinking this was going to be a discussion about the possibility of a new eMac launch tomorrow...

DinoG4
Banned
Feb 10, 2004, 01:35 PM

Yeah, I see that the 15 inch iMac doesn't have the Superdrive option. Oh well, I'll just pick up a LaCie 8x DVD burner in a month or so.

I've made up my mind. I decided to get the 15 inch 1 ghz. iMac with combo drive from MacMall. I also got an extra 512MB RAM to supplement the 256MB already installed. That will be nice. It should arrive in a couple of days. I chose the UPS Next Day Air as my shipping option.

Now I wait in anticipation. I'll be checking the status every hour for the next few days!!!

Beetleboy

hey beetleboy, you have a ichat, aim name? Ill fire u up and keep track of your ups with ya heh...i love the excitement lol...Dino

beetleboy  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2004, 02:40 PM

Sorry about the misleading subject header. I just wanted to share my frustration.

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger

beetleboy  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2004, 02:43 PM

I decided to go bigger and got the 1.25 Ghz 17" Superdrive iMac instead of the 15". I had a little trouble with MacMall last night and this morning. I'm giving them a chance to redeem themselves. I hope I don't regret it. Wish me luck. My baby should arrive in my arms on Thursday morning.

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger

DinoG4
Banned
Feb 10, 2004, 04:30 PM

I decided to go bigger and got the 1.25 Ghz 17" Superdrive iMac instead of the 15". I had a little trouble with MacMall last night and this morning. I'm giving them a chance to redeem themselves. I hope I don't regret it. Wish me luck. My baby should arrive in my arms on Thursday morning.

Beetleboy

Good choice, what trouble did you have w/macmall?

Forum Links
Forum Rules