Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > e2sync or GoBetween

e2sync or GoBetween
athos_uk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2005, 03:17 PM

I want to be able to sync my entourage contacts, etc., with apple address book and ical, etc. Now, there seem to be two apps that do the job (e2sync and pocketmac's Gobetween):

http://www.e2sync.com/index.html

http://www.pocketmac.com/products/gobetween/index.html

Looking at the two I can see little difference (save $15 in Gobetween's favour). So, simple questions: is anyone using either and if so, which is better and why?

Thanks in advance,

Tam

athos_uk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2005, 07:25 AM

So nobody uses either of these programs?

midwinter
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2005, 11:03 AM

I use PM Pro.

Macola
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2006, 03:28 PM

I'd be interested in this comparison as well. I'd like to replace my aging cell phone with one that I can sync with Entourage (preferably a Bluetooth model) and e2Sync seems to have mixed reviews on VT and MacUpdate.

BTW, is Verizon still crippling their Bluetooth phones?
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

athos_uk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2006, 04:42 PM

I tried e2sync briefly in the summer (since it can be tried for free) and was deeply unimpressed. It kept duplicating information between entourage and address book and was basically unusable as a result. Since pocket mac wasn't available as a trial I never bothered with it and am simply using ical and address book, which, to be frank do everything I need perfectly well (though it would be nice if entourage used address book instead of its own.....).

regards, Tam

nica
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2006, 05:22 PM

I have been using e2sync for about 2 weeks and the product works as advertised. In my configuration the iCal and Address Book where empty and as soon as I ran the program it populated both applications plus my phone, after that my .mac account has all the information.

The only thing I can really note is that I have to do a manual sync but I’m sure I could do some sort of schedule for it to sync automatically.

The application has a trial which I used and then they have 30% rebate, give the trial a chance and make your decision based on that.

midwinter
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 01:31 AM

I'm curious about e2sync. Can anyone comment on how well it works with the new Entourage sync services?

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 10, 2006, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Macola
I'd be interested in this comparison as well. I'd like to replace my aging cell phone with one that I can sync with Entourage (preferably a Bluetooth model) and e2Sync seems to have mixed reviews on VT and MacUpdate.

BTW, is Verizon still crippling their Bluetooth phones?
I have Verizon and use bluetooth to sync my calendar and addresses to my Motorola E815 Works like a charm. They do cripple data transfers between phone and computer, though, so if that's what you are looking for, you are out of luck unless you want to do the seem edit.
Mary

Macola
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 01:05 PM

Yeah, I went with Cingular precisely because of Verizon's idiotic policies.

midwinter, I've been using e2Sync for some time now and have been very pleased with it. I managed to get it working alongside Missing Sync for my PocketPC (previously, I had been using a Palm OS PDA). Just make sure to disable the SyncServices prefs in Entourage as they're pretty lame, and use e2Sync instead. Due to some problems with Entourage and Missing Sync, my setup is now as follows:

PocketPC syncs with iCal and Address Book (Missing Sync)
Entourage and phone sync with iCal/Address Book (e2Sync)

Edit: I should add, in fairness, the only problem with e2Sync is their support seems to ignore you completely. In contrast, the Mark/Space folks have been very helpful and spent a lot of time troubleshooting, before I had even paid for the product.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Forum Links
Forum Rules