Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MWNY KeyNote Video - Camera Toss

MWNY KeyNote Video - Camera Toss
NickKohn
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2001, 08:29 PM

Is there any way to download the keynote and save part of it. I'd love to see a clip of just Steve Jobs getting pissed and tossing the camera. If someone was able to do this, please put it up on a webpage or something. This would be a great MWNY souvenoir. Thanks

mr_sonicblue
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2001, 08:33 PM

I don't think he was pissed. Didn't he just throw it so he didn't have to walk it offstage?

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2001, 08:38 PM

He was not mad, he was just showing off that if he had broken the camera, he would have had to pay it with his petty cash.

Cipher13
Jul 18, 2001, 11:17 PM

I bet heads rolled in NY afterwards regarding that...
...whether its to be blamed on Steves technical ineptitude, a flat battery, the un-user friendliness of (Sony?) products (couldn't see, the video quality was crap), or the guy that didn't tell him how to use it properly...

Hehe.

ericdelangen
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2001, 11:48 PM

looked like a kodak... a DC3400 I reckon. I watched the keynote on tech tv and had to put up with the commentators coming in every fifteen minutes with: "doesn't look like there's anything new... let's get back to the coverage". It was almost humorous at six in the morning

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 18, 2001, 11:52 PM

I think he was just tossing it off stage to a guy who was supposed to catch it... but he missed.

You should be able to download the keynote from Apple's website. If not now, in the near future.

alauzon
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2001, 11:59 PM

Steve did toss the camera to a guy in the front row. And I think the guy caught it and left.....

waffffffle
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 01:12 AM

I was there. . . sort of. I was watching the keynote in another room. Steve was absolutely pissed. He threw the camera to some guy in the front (obviously an Apple guy involved with the keynote) but he threw it with anger and the batteries fell out because he threw it so hard. Hoo I know that? because Steve even said it. Steve was pissed. You could hear it in the tone of his voice. He was pissed when he came back to try it again and he thought it didn't work again.

I've seen that same demo done at an OS X road show. They guy had the same problem. He had to come back later to do it again. I had a feeling that would happen. . .

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2001, 01:43 AM

Maybe this one is the chance for Apple employees to sue and fire their evil dictator... if the camera had fell on the employee's head, that's sueable.

jeffhot
Senior User
Jul 19, 2001, 12:01 PM

Man Steve was DEFINATELY PISSED with that camera. Lucky he was on stage or I get the feeling he would have exploded. It was actually kind of funny to me to watch him steam like that!

Still I can understand how I would be pissed if I were on stage trying to present and something went wrong. He was actually pretty cool about it, apologizing for knocking the batteries out and admitting that he shouldn't have thrown it.

Shame on whoever makes that camera, it's obviously crap! I predict Apple will be selling it's own digital camera that is actually easy to use within six months!

Forum Links
Forum Rules