Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Just Got A Visor...

Just Got A Visor...
DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2000, 12:20 PM

I just got a visor basic (2MB) for the holidays and now need some good programs to put on it.

If anyone knows of a good academic program (for assignments and timetables) that information would be most welcome.

------------------
DeathToWindows

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2000, 12:52 PM

Actually, the basic calendar, notepad, and todo lists are pretty good for classes and assignments. My cousin has a Palm at shcool and loves it. Since almost every freshmen in the U.S. needs a computer when he goes off to school the Palm/Visor PDA is a perfect fit. He even has the folding mini-keyboard for note taking.

------------------
"There is no spoon."
iDisk: rseijas
Homepage: homepage.mac.com/rseijas

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2000, 01:06 PM

What I really need is the memo pad and the calander melded into one app...sorta like an assignment notebook...

------------------
DeathToWindows

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2000, 01:07 PM

good lord...i duplicated my previous post...

[This message has been edited by DeathToWindows (edited 01-04-2001).]

Sprockets
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2000, 09:42 PM

Hello,

My suggestion is that you use the "To Do" list to list your assignments (specify their due date, etc., on the "Details" screen), and then enable "To Do" items to be displayed when using DateBook+. To me, that sounds like what you're looking for (a mixture of the memo/date book). You can even specify that DateBook+ only displays To Do items that are classified as a certain type, such as "School".

I've had my Visor Deluxe since May 2000 and love it. After owning it for a few weeks I noticed that I was using features the wrong way, such as the memo pad for listing school assignments (no kidding). Once I realized to do it as described above, I've had no trouble. Give it a try!

*This is my first post here, WOOHOO!

mephastopholes
Jan 2, 2001, 10:01 PM

...you might want to check out handspring's site if you haven't done so already... i seem to recall a couple of programs for students there...one called "school schedule" and another called "project" , perhaps....

andi*pandi
Jan 4, 2001, 12:27 PM

i just got one too... deluxe, w/8mgs!

now what to do with it... gps unit looks cool....

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2001, 06:04 PM

cool...

a great collection of software is of handago look for "free"

by the way andi*pandi... i am in newton as well

------------------
DeathToWindows

arightor
Jan 5, 2001, 11:01 AM

Hey...Needham, MA here. I'm a college student who is looking for the same type of "assignment notebook" program. The ToDo/DateBook combo is OK, but I there must be a better program out there. We're not the first to want something like this.

Let me know if you find anything.

arightor
Jan 5, 2001, 11:46 AM

I think I may have just solved both of our problems. Go to download.com and search under the PDA section for school. About three useful programs are listed, one of them being a CNet pick. I'd go for that one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules