Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Faster Way to Launch Applications

Faster Way to Launch Applications
NickKohn
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2001, 04:52 PM

In OS 9.1, I have aliases of all my applications under the Apple Menu. This makes it very quick to launch my different apps. Is there a way to do something similar in MacOS X? Like could I have something in the Dock that when clicked, a list of my aplications come up to launch? Going to "Applications" under the system-wide menu just opens up my Applications folder, which is far from ideal. Any ideas of tricks or 3rd party programs would be much appreciated.

-Also, is what I'm asking about called a "dockling"?

BuonRotto
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2001, 08:20 PM

You're thinking of some kind of dockling, but in fact the answer ir right under your nose!

simply drag your applications folder icon into the Dock. Voil�! Now you can use it as a pop-up menu of all your OS X apps!

By default, the apps folder has a custom icon hard-wired to it. But I added a custom icon to the apps folder, just so it would look a little niftier in the Dock.

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules