Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iTunes and 10.1

iTunes and 10.1
NickKohn
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2001, 07:24 PM

Has anyone else experienced a problem where after upgrading to 10.1, iTunes can't find any of the songs from your playlists? I have to manually tell it where each song is. With 600songs, it's a pain in the ass. Does anyone know how to fix it 'easily'?

seb2
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2001, 04:20 AM

assuming you store them in one folder, drop the folder onto the itunes window. (or more than one folder)

another possibility would be to delete (well, make a backup copy) the itunes preferences. it'll assume you're running it for the first time and offers to look for mp3s on your machine.

hope that helped.

btw, mine remembered where the mp3s were.

pmoc
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2001, 05:51 AM

Has anyone noticed that energy saving functions are not working when iTunes runs in 10.1 (display)?
Philippe

max4ever
Oct 2, 2001, 09:05 PM

If it ignores energy saving, that's great! I hate hearing a song suddenly studder and watching the visualizer dissapear as my display shuts off. Two questions: does it shut off the screen saver as well, and does it now support wide-screen visualization (for Cinema and TiBook owners) Thanks.

kennethmac2000
Senior User
Oct 3, 2001, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by pmoc:
<STRONG>Has anyone noticed that energy saving functions are not working when iTunes runs in 10.1 (display)?</STRONG>
Yes, for some stupid reason, for as long as iTunes is playing a song, your monitor won't even go to sleep. I could see the purpose of this if you had a visualizer running (although why you'd want to with the pathetic frame rates in Mac OS X is another matter), but if you've just got music playing this is really annoying!

Forum Links
Forum Rules