Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > .Mac in proteus or fire!

.Mac in proteus or fire!
dwishbone
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2002, 02:48 PM

please please please.
as much as i like iChat i like to have an app like Proteus or Fire that does all the IM clients in one app.
currently Fire nor Proteus suppor .Mac accounts. can someone please try and help get this feature a reality.
24" iMac 2.13ghz C2D | 15" MBP 2ghz CD | "Soundwave" 60GB 5G iPod

Guy Incognito
Banned
Oct 18, 2002, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by dwishbone:
please please please.
as much as i like iChat i like to have an app like Proteus or Fire that does all the IM clients in one app.
currently Fire nor Proteus suppor .Mac accounts. can someone please try and help get this feature a reality.
I'm afraid this is another reverse engineering topic.

Why can't Mac just run PSX games perfectly and N64 games either? Can someone please try and help get these features a reality?

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2002, 08:39 PM

I want windows apps to run on OS X with an Aqua GUI and Protected memory etc.!

-Owl

Guy Incognito
Banned
Oct 18, 2002, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by OwlBoy:
I want windows apps to run on OS X with an Aqua GUI and Protected memory etc.!

-Owl
Me too.

resImadA
Oct 19, 2002, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by dwishbone:
please please please.
Since Proteus & Fire aren't AOL-Approved, they're not allowed to use the official AIM server, and .Mac accounts are only supported on the official server at this time.

It's a server-side problem, so you'd have to bug AOL about it. Proteus/Fire/Adium all use the same server as AOL's Java (AIM Express) client. SO asking AOL for .Mac support in their java client would be the best route to take.

...not like they're going to listen though, you'd be better off talking to a brick wall
Adam Iser
AdiumX.com

dwishbone  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 19, 2002, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by resImadA:

Since Proteus & Fire aren't AOL-Approved, they're not allowed to use the official AIM server, and .Mac accounts are only supported on the official server at this time.

It's a server-side problem, so you'd have to bug AOL about it. Proteus/Fire/Adium all use the same server as AOL's Java (AIM Express) client. SO asking AOL for .Mac support in their java client would be the best route to take.

...not like they're going to listen though, you'd be better off talking to a brick wall
i know all this....sigh..just wishful thinking. AOL Nazis!
24" iMac 2.13ghz C2D | 15" MBP 2ghz CD | "Soundwave" 60GB 5G iPod

Forum Links
Forum Rules