Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Menu Bar Clock in OS X has disappeared!!

Menu Bar Clock in OS X has disappeared!!
RcktBoy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 02:40 PM

Hey,

I logged into my computer (500Mhz Ti PowerBook with 512MB of RAM running OS X) and noticed that my menu bar clock wasn't there. I checked my system preferences and sure enough under the date and time preference, the check mark was still there to show the menu bar clock. I tried logging back out, and it still doesn't appear in the right side of the menu bar as it used to. Can anyone offer something that might help bring it back? I'd appreciate it. Also, is there anyway for your browser to remember your user name and password on these forums?

Thanks,

RcktBoy

dbogdan
Apr 8, 2001, 02:58 PM

I noticed the same thing on my Summer Y2K iMac DVSE+ with 512MG of RAM... I thought I was just being paranoid about it disappearing, but after I saw your post, I double-checked and - sure enough - it is "activated" in the Date & Times pane of the System Preferences. Other than not showing up, there doesn't seem to be any detrimental effect upon the system. But it is curious, nonetheless.

Regarding remembering user name and password in this forum, check the preferences for whatever browser you're using and tell it to "keep" or "remember" cookies. Make sure you've also turned on "accept all cookies," or select the MacNN cookie and enable it if you want to selectively enable just this one particular cookie. I believe you also have the option to "change preferences" in the user setup of this forum to have cookies remain active for one year (or something like that...)

Hope that helps. But as to the main query... so what's up with the "disappearing" clock??? Anyone have any suggestions?

brutuslh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 03:06 PM

This is just a shot in the dark, but try disabling the menu bar clock in the prefs, then restart, then enable it again. Thats the only thing I can think of right now

RcktBoy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 03:21 PM

After disabling the menu bar clock, restarting, and then re-enabling the menu bar clock, it appears once again where it should be. Unfortunately, that restart is going to really hinder the uptime of the system that I had going....oh well...

As far as remembering my user name and password on macnn's forums...I seem to be running into some unknown trouble. Using IE 5.1 PR in OS X, I have set in the preferences to accept all cookies. My preferences on the forum are set to remember my user name and password for 1 year. On other sites, such as maccentral's forums, the cookie remembers my user name and password. However, here it seems each time I post a new message, or reply, I have to re-enter the user name and password in their respective fields. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

RcktBoy

RcktBoy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 03:24 PM

Also, my new posts don't seem to be counted. The first post I had in this thread was #19 for me. The second post also shows #19. Hopefully, this one will show #20...

Forum Links
Forum Rules