Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Question about Macbook's Shipping Estimates...

Question about Macbook's Shipping Estimates...
thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2006, 07:45 PM

I always buy Apple products on the first day they are announced. When the 24" iMac was announced I purchased it at 8:24AM PDT on the same day it was annouced. Anyways the shipping estimate was 2-4 business days. Well it turns out that it was shipped on the next Monday (4 Business Days after the purchase, which in reality it's 6 days waiting).
Anyways, today I purchased a C2D Macbook Pro at 7:00AM PDT as soon as the website was up and running and my estimate shipment is on Monday the 30th.

My question is, if Apple only ships their items within 4 Business Days after they are released, why do they advertise as 2-4 Business Days?
I had to be one of the first ones to buy the Macbook Pro yesterday so I was hoping that it would be 2 Business Days instead of 4 since I was one of the first ones to order. This is not the first time it has happened...

Anyone here have experienced the same thing I have?

If you purchased a Macbook Pro today and it ships by Friday, please keep us posted...
( Last edited by thiagofll; Oct 25, 2006 at 10:06 PM. )
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My Gadgets: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Wireless Mighty Mouse // MacBook Pro 17" 2.44Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM / 8GB Apple iPhone/ JBL Spot/ Canon SD850 w/ 4GB Card/ Canon XTi Rebel Black.[/FONT]

wingdo
Senior User
Oct 25, 2006, 08:58 PM

I am not sure what the complaint is. They told you 2-4 business days and it shipped within that time frame. Or am I just missing something here?
MBP - 2.33GHz C2D, 3GB RAM, 256MB VRAM, 160GB HD
PB - 1.5GHz G4, 2GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, 80GB HD
PM - Dual 1GHzG4, 1.5GB RAM, NVidia GForce 3, 2x 80 GB HD

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
I am not sure what the complaint is. They told you 2-4 business days and it shipped within that time frame. Or am I just missing something here?
In any moment I have complained. I just asked a question as for their shipping estimates (someone who is knowledgeable with Apple's shipping estimates). The rep told me that first comes first goes, so I figured both times I have placed orders with them within the first hour that the product was released, it took them 4 Business Days to ship, why do they advertise 2-4 business days if they always ship in 4. I was wondering if anyone else have experienced that.
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My Gadgets: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Wireless Mighty Mouse // MacBook Pro 17" 2.44Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM / 8GB Apple iPhone/ JBL Spot/ Canon SD850 w/ 4GB Card/ Canon XTi Rebel Black.[/FONT]

wingdo
Senior User
Oct 27, 2006, 09:38 AM

My order for a C2D MBP was placed on Tuesday. It was a BTO Book as I changed out the hard drive. The estimated shipping time was 3-5 business days with an estimated ship date of Oct 31.

I received an e-mail from Apple during the middle of the night, my Book has shipped. Today is barely 3 busines days. I can't wait to get my paws on it.
MBP - 2.33GHz C2D, 3GB RAM, 256MB VRAM, 160GB HD
PB - 1.5GHz G4, 2GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, 80GB HD
PM - Dual 1GHzG4, 1.5GB RAM, NVidia GForce 3, 2x 80 GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules