Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Apple sending out invites for October 23 event

Apple sending out invites for October 23 event
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Oct 16, 2012, 08:19 AM

Previous rumors of an October 23 event for the unveiling of the long-rumored iPad mini appear to have borne out, as Apple is now sending out invites to media outlets for an event on that date at 1:00 p.m. EST. The invitations show the upper portion of the iconic Apple logo atop a background of differently colored brushstrokes and paint splatter. At the bottom, the invitation teases only "We've got a little more to show you."

If the myriad rumors and leaks bear out, October 23 will see the release of a smaller iPad, thought now to have a 7.85-inch screen to compete with more portable tablet offerings from Google, Samsung, and Amazon. The miniature iPad has been expected for some time, but rumors have recently emerged indicating that the smaller iPad will not be the only product shown off in late October. Apple is also expected to reveal a new version of its 13-inch MacBook Pro that incorporates the company's high-resolution Retina display technology. Other reports have the company possibly unveiling a refresh to its Mac mini and iMac desktop lines. [via Engadget]

GreenMnM
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2012, 08:41 AM

My prediction: Regular size iPads with Lightning connectors. No iPad mini. Tim Cook has everyone fooled!!!

-Doug

testudo
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 AM

Notice how they waited until after the 1 year anniversary of Jobs' death before doing this?

And, really, trying to 'compete' in the market. Are they getting concerned in cupertino? Or just turning themselves back into just another company?

blahblahbber
Banned
Oct 16, 2012, 12:29 PM

I think they will show how many more lawsuits that have to squash for total domination.

Stuke
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2012, 02:27 PM

Maybe they'll show us how they intend to stop the stock slide which has all but wiped away the iPhone 5 profits in Q4.
--
Stuke

revco
Oct 16, 2012, 03:33 PM

Funny, with the Apple logo cropped like that it look like a flying saucer about to enter an a-hole.

testudo
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stuke View Post
Maybe they'll show us how they intend to stop the stock slide which has all but wiped away the iPhone 5 profits in Q4.
How can a lowering of stock price wipe away profits? Oh, wait, it can't! The stock price has little to do with Apple's bottom line itself, since it's all paper profit or loss unless they actually sell the stock. As opposed to selling actual merchandise.

Oh, and your complaint is that a stock that was overpriced on expectation went down in price? Really? No wonder people hate investors. They're never happened.

blahblahbber
Banned
Oct 16, 2012, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by revco View Post
Funny, with the Apple logo cropped like that it look like a flying saucer about to enter an a-hole.
Haha.... now I know this company was built on queer-power!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by blahblahbber View Post

Haha.... now I know this company was built on queer-power!
Would there be something wrong with that?

blahblahbber
Banned
Oct 16, 2012, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Would there be something wrong with that?
No, but seriously.... it does look like a rump with diarrhea splattering all over the beautiful rainbow,; now I understand that the saucer is a buttplug to stop the splatter....
This is art on a whole NEW LEVEL..... created in the back alley of the Tenderloin in San Francisco.... where it smells like piss and defecation on a daily.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by blahblahbber View Post
No, but seriously.... it does look like a rump with diarrhea splattering all over the beautiful rainbow,; now I understand that the saucer is a buttplug to stop the splatter....
This is art on a whole NEW LEVEL..... created in the back alley of the Tenderloin in San Francisco.... where it smells like piss and defecation on a daily.
Out of all of the people on this forum who I don't understand, I think you might be at the top of my list. The way you go about your business here is a complete and utter mystery to me.

blahblahbber
Banned
Oct 16, 2012, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Out of all of the people on this forum who I don't understand, I think you might be at the top of my list. The way you go about your business here is a complete and utter mystery to me.
Hey, I'm just adding to revco's comment.

Forum Links
Forum Rules