Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Boblbee Delite Question

Boblbee Delite Question
amphibious
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 12, 2001, 05:07 AM

Ok, I swear this is my last question about carrying cases.

Can anyone with a Delite and a TiBook tell me how well the two go together? Ideally, I'd have the laptop, an CDRW, HD, mouse, small 2"x4" audio box and a couple 1/4 audio cables... I'm sure the rest will fit, I'm just concerned about the laptop being completely safe.

thanks!

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2001, 09:30 AM

I can't answer your question, but I can say that I had a Boblbee bag (People's Burden) for a few months and finally decided to sell it. It is true that they are very well made bags, and they do look cool (this can sometimes result in you getting a little too much attention, though). The biggest problem I had was that the hardshell design meant that the bag was heavy and took up a lot of space (even when empty), and it was hard to store some things in the bag, because it wouldn't change shape to accomodate its contents. Also, there aren't really any interior pockets, except for the one on the top, and I found that hard to use. I finally decided that a normal cloth backpack was the way to go. My Spire Zoom XL should be arriving today.

They are attractive, though. I sometimes catch myself going to the boblbee website just to look at them.

Dispiacere
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 12, 2001, 10:50 AM

I have the boblbee megalopolis for 3 years now and added the sport waist belt, lumbar cassette and side winders. I have my PBG4,2 FW drives, VX2000 camcorder, ilink wires, CDRW drive, chargers for computer and camera and tolietries all in one strong package.
To attest for the strength of the Boblbee, my newer Megalopolis Wallstreet was scuffed really badly but it protected my PB when I was knocked off my bike by an errant rollerblader.

TiGuy27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 12, 2001, 01:23 PM

I got a delite, and it works great with my Ti. I recently got the datacom accessory too, and now other stuff I carry (AC adapter, mouse, etc.) sit securly in it too.
got mac?

amphibious  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 12, 2001, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by TiGuy27:
<STRONG>I got a delite, and it works great with my Ti. I recently got the datacom accessory too, and now other stuff I carry (AC adapter, mouse, etc.) sit securly in it too. </STRONG>
I've heard it kinda pokes out the top of it... is that true? Also that Boblbee backpacks aren't as waterproof as they say they are on there site, any truth to that?

TiGuy27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 12, 2001, 05:03 PM

I've heard it kinda pokes out the top of it... is that true? Also that Boblbee backpacks aren't as waterproof as they say they are on there site, any truth to that?
I am not having any problems with it as far as the poking out goes. For the waterproof issue, well the front part is plastic so we now that part is waterproof, top cover is waterproof (my son poured half a glass of water on it nothing passed the cover, but the back (padded) part I don't think is waterproof, I mean I am sure a little rain is not gonna hurt it but if you drop it in a puddle it seems like it will ruin. I am not sure about that, but I am not gonna try it with a $175 bag
got mac?

Forum Links
Forum Rules