Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PB running hotter with new speakers

PB running hotter with new speakers
hickey
Mac Elite
May 22, 2005, 12:20 PM

My pbook used to tun at about 53 degrees Celsius running normal apps, (safari, itunes, AIM). But ever since i got a new set of logitech speakers it has started to run around 58-60 degrees! Is it possible for the pbook to run up to 5 degrees more just by plugging in speakers. Before I added the logitech's I was using the built in speaks in the pbook. Any tips/comments?

DVGuy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2005, 01:15 PM

It is possible that the sound circuit heats up the computer when using the external jack. When it is not in use, the jack is not active, so it isn't drawing as much power.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
May 22, 2005, 06:06 PM

My vote is for coincidence.

tooki

hickey  (op)
Mac Elite
May 22, 2005, 07:38 PM

Yeah Im starting to think it was coincidence, it seems to sort of fixed itself. And my ipod connector was plugged in the whole time too, I dont know if that affected it at all but after unplugging it the temp dropped.

Forum Links
Forum Rules