Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Who lives in your neighborhood?

Who lives in your neighborhood? (Page 2)
VxWolfxV
Oct 20, 2005, 09:59 PM

A 79 year old pedophile living in my neighborhood...

starman
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2005, 01:37 AM

That site's creepy.

Nobody listed in mine which is good.

/shiver

That's one site I hope to never visit again.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2005, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rev2Liv
The standard formula we used in my younger days is half your age + 7. At 26, half my age is 13. Add 7 and the youngest I can date is 20.

While there is no scientific evidence to support this formula, anecdotal evidence suggests that it works.

The age of consent is an intensely controversial toic. Perhaps if we applied the formula stated above, we could nail scumbags who date girls younger than half their age + 7. (sarcasm).
So, by your rule you have just disqualified all 18 year old girls on this Earth. Flawed rule it is.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2005, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter
I have a big problem with the whole "sex offender" label. It is not restricted to what I would consider dangerous and disturbed people. If Johnny gets caught at age 16 messing with Janie who is 15, Johnny can (and if daddy has his way will) be charged with statutory rape and be labeled a "sex offender" for the rest of his life. Psychologists consider sex with underaged people to be deviant only if there is a five year difference in ages between the perpetrator and the victim, but the law often sees no such distinction. Until the entire country settles on ONE definition for who qualifies as a "sex offender" all you get by listing those names is a label that you can't really use.
Read your state's laws.
Illinois has a specific clause in there if the person is within 5 years of age of the person they are having sex with, as long as the person is over 13, that it shouldn't be chargable. (Read that as soon as I turned 18 and was looking to date a 16 year old over at http://www.ageofconsent.com )

Railroader
Banned
Oct 21, 2005, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by starman
That site's creepy.

Nobody listed in mine which is good.

/shiver

That's one site I hope to never visit again.
The Michigan Sex Offender site is bookmarked on my bookmarks bar in Safari.

Whenever I look at a house I am going to buy it's the first thing I check before even setting foot in the house for a viewing. I do NOT want to buy a house next to a sex offender.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 21, 2005, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
The Michigan Sex Offender site is bookmarked on my bookmarks bar in Safari.

Whenever I look at a house I am going to buy it's the first thing I check before even setting foot in the house for a viewing. I do NOT want to buy a house next to a sex offender.
Right. But make sure you KNOW the history a bit. You might be moving into a house with a guy that had sex with a 16 year old girl when he was 19 or some silliness.

Plus that doesn't stop them from moving in after you move in.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Oct 21, 2005, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by VxWolfxV
A 79 year old pedophile living in my neighborhood...
That's hawt.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2005, 08:20 AM

None in Vancouver lol to bad its not mapped yet.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 21, 2005, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by King Bob On The Cob
Read your state's laws.
Illinois has a specific clause in there if the person is within 5 years of age of the person they are having sex with, as long as the person is over 13, that it shouldn't be chargable. (Read that as soon as I turned 18 and was looking to date a 16 year old over at http://www.ageofconsent.com )
That's a big part of the problem: there are so many different rules and they are often different to find and understand. Texas law IS available online, but it's written in OLD LEGALESE which is more difficult for most people to understand than Old English. And since most young people grow up being GIVEN the rules, having to look for them is very odd. And when you're like totally in love (and of course lust), looking up the rules is usually the last thing on your mind!

And there's still the issue of daddy; these rules are not always applied evenly or fairly, and some (rich) daddies can have an influence on how they are interpreted. Kids do not get a fair shake in legal issues more often than not.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Railroader
Banned
Oct 21, 2005, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Right. But make sure you KNOW the history a bit. You might be moving into a house with a guy that had sex with a 16 year old girl when he was 19 or some silliness.

Plus that doesn't stop them from moving in after you move in.
Michigan's site lists the degree of their offense. I just don't fully understand the system yet. So far I am avoiding any 3rd degree and up.

I know someone could move close to me, but I don't want to voluntarily buy a house close to one.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2005, 10:09 AM

No one listed in my city.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

OSX Abuser
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2005, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rev2Liv
The standard formula we used in my younger days is half your age + 7. At 26, half my age is 13. Add 7 and the youngest I can date is 20.

While there is no scientific evidence to support this formula, anecdotal evidence suggests that it works.

The age of consent is an intensely controversial toic. Perhaps if we applied the formula stated above, we could nail scumbags who date girls younger than half their age + 7. (sarcasm).

That standard formula is spot on.

Me 37/2=~19+7=26.

My Wife just had her 26th birthday on the 20th.

JustAnOl'Broad
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2005, 04:30 AM

^^^^^ the formula doesn't work at our house....
the Hubby should be with a 36 yr old......
but on the bright side...I can start looking for a 31 yr old.
Lol

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2005, 12:36 PM

The guy in my neighborhood looks like a completely normal citizen.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2005, 03:13 PM

They should groom them before the mugshot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules