Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Do you travel a lot in your profession?

Do you travel a lot in your profession?
milhous
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 10:45 PM

After just recently going to Europe for the first time last month, I've really come to appreciate travelling. So I said to myself, how neat would it be to travel as part of your job description? So I'm wondering, how many of you enjoy living out of your suitcase and for how long have you been doing it for?

I know that people have told me that once you do it for several years that it gets pretty old, but I personally think that I could just do it for ever; unless I settle down, get married, etc. etc.

Also, if you don't feel it's too private, what is your occupation in which you must travel. Thanks.
F = ma

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 10:47 PM

I'm an architect, and I have a job in London, so I get to go there with some regularity. I also have some work outside of NYC where most of my work is, so there can be some other travelling, too. However, when these jobs finish up, perhaps I'll just be travelling with my metrocard. We'll see.

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2002, 11:17 PM

i don't really have a profession yet, but i've travelled A LOT and i'm getting sick of it. i'd never want it to be part of my profession

Tristrami
Senior User
Apr 29, 2002, 12:39 AM

I constantly drive around the state for my job. It was fun at first, but after 2 years of it, It's getting a bit tired. Still, I do get reimbursed for mileage. And the '88 Cherokee has 200+k miles on it, so it needs repairs frequently.

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: Tristrami ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules