Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Can't have a USB scanner and Printer connect

Can't have a USB scanner and Printer connect
Dave Baxter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 9, 2003, 04:13 AM

For some reason on our iMacs we can not have a USB printer (Epson 1290) and a USB scanner (Nikon CoolScan) connected at the same time. The iMac complains in the scanner software that the scanner is not connected, if I unplug the printer it works fine. The printer works fine with them both connected though.

Any ideas ?

Dave
MSN: [email protected]
Live GamerTAG: William Gates

vpatn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 9, 2003, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by Dave Baxter:
For some reason on our iMacs we can not have a USB printer (Epson 1290) and a USB scanner (Nikon CoolScan) connected at the same time. The iMac complains in the scanner software that the scanner is not connected, if I unplug the printer it works fine. The printer works fine with them both connected though.

Any ideas ?

Dave
sound like one of them(or both) have crappy drivers. this shouldnt happen. (I have had agfa scanners and hp printers and epson printers connnected to machine without issue all through USB). I would contact either company or check their tech support site for issues.

Dave Baxter  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2003, 04:00 AM

I went to the Nikon site to download the drivers, while downloading a took a look around and found that it's an issue with the Nikon film scanners. If you get this problem you have to power the scanner off for 10 seconds then back on and it's fine, tried it and it works.

Cheers,

Dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules