Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > advice: refurb PB867 12" or new 1Gig 12"

advice: refurb PB867 12" or new 1Gig 12"
CJM
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2003, 05:01 PM

I;ve been toying with the idea today of putting my 15" tibook 800 on ebay and picking up a new 12" model. I used to use the ti as my main machine but i now have a DP1.25 so my main concern for the laptop now is portability. Apple is offering revA 12" albooks (867mhz/256mb/40GB/combo) for $1199. EDU pricing for a new 1ghz with the same specs is $1399. Which one should i go with? the one new feature that i like on the 12" is the DVI output...i already have an apple LCD and DVI-ADC adapter so i would be able to connect the powerbook to the lcd. But as i was saying, the powermac is my main work machine now so this really may not be much of an issue. Any recommendations? Anyone know how much to expect for a Tibook 800mhz/512MB/40Gig/Airport/Combo on ebay?

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2003, 05:23 PM

I would absolutely go for the new 12" powerbook.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2003, 06:41 PM

I would definitely go w/ the new one. The new 12" PB has many improvements (namely DVI-out and more built-in RAM) that make it worth it.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

thirsty
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2003, 06:51 PM

Go for the new 12" - but with what you have why even bother. I don't believe your gaining enough to make the change viable, DVI and size is all I can really see, but if you want to move the Ti before it gets to old, go for the new 12"
if you can't be part of the solution don't be part of the problem!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules