Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Can't install RealPlayer G2 on 8.6

Can't install RealPlayer G2 on 8.6
MacNW
May 11, 1999, 06:26 AM

Anyone lese ran into this problem? iMac Rev. A/160MB

Rumplestilskin
May 12, 1999, 10:56 PM

Yes, I tried installing Realplayer G2 on an All in One G3 today that has Mac OS 8.6 on it and it will not install. However, it does work if you already have it installed, and Realplayer 5.0 WILL install.

swinslow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 1999, 11:28 PM

I was having problems as well until I manually trashed ALL files from the prior beta version. I did a fresh install of the release G2 and it is working like a champ. I watch the entire almost 2 hr Steve Jobs WWDC show in RealVideo. Looked great on my cable modem...Steve

Petrie
May 14, 1999, 01:17 PM

If you can't install G2 on 8.6, I would definitely consider that a feature worth paying for! ;-)

Petrie
The bad new is I have MS. The good news is I don't mean Microsoft.

David Shipley
May 14, 1999, 11:28 PM

I also tried to install Real Player G2, numerous time, figuring I must be really unlucky, or hallucinating on my death bed.
I'm sure glad to hear I'm not the only one in the world having this problem. (That's what your told when you call Digidesign.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules