Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook won't sleep with lid shut

iBook won't sleep with lid shut
eric_marshall
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2000, 04:43 PM

My iBook suddenly won't sleep when the lid is shut. If the iBook is awake and the lid is shut, it starts to sleep (the sleep light starts flashing) but it suddendly hits the CD and wakes right back up. It does this continuously. If the lid is open and you put the iBook to sleep via the menu, it will stay asleep until the lid is shut, at which point it starts the continuous loop of hitting the CD.

Thanks in advance.

namannik
Senior User
Jun 11, 2000, 07:15 PM

Check your keyboard- it's likely that a key is being depressed by the lid when it's closed. This happened to me once after I had had the keyboard off, and accidentally didn't put it all the way back on.

eric_marshall  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2000, 09:05 PM

Sweet, that was it! One of the spring-loaded holders had popped out and I hadn't noticed it.

munsun
Jun 12, 2000, 02:56 PM

Even though your problem was solved, I just wanted to mention that I've often had trouble with my iBook sleeping if I had speakable items turned on.

mr100percent
Forum Regular
Jun 13, 2000, 01:05 PM

Were you using a USB sound-in, like an iMic? If not, what's the purpose of having it on?

Forum Links
Forum Rules