Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari 3.0 beta + 1Passwd

Safari 3.0 beta + 1Passwd
m4c
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2007, 07:23 PM

Safari automatically disables the 1Passwd plugin as a precaution (it claims) for 3.0 beta. anyone know how to force it to allow/unblock the plugin?
1Passwd is the only thing preventing me from moving to Safari from Firefox. (and maybe a few plugins like addblock... i guess i could get used to living without them)
btw i'm on iMac.
it's funny now we will have to specify the OS when we talk about Safari

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 11, 2007, 08:48 PM

I've noticed this as well. I'm not sure if Safari is doing the blocking or if 1Passwd is the culprit. I say this because the Inquisitor plugin seems to work just fine with Safari 3. Needless to say I'm not happy because I just paid for 1Passwd. I hope a fix is forthcoming sooner rather than later.

OAW

m4c  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2007, 10:17 PM

main reason i got 1passwd was bcz they supported many browsers. hopefully this will be fixed soon. otherwise there is the 100% money back guarantee on 1Passwd.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2007, 11:53 PM

Just go back to the Released version of Safari. Safari 3 is not meant to replace your current Safari - most apps (even iChat and Mail!) don't work properly with the new WebKit that came with Safari 3.

So unless you're really testing websites or have a real need, I'd skip Safari 3 until the apps like 1Passwd *and* iChat/Mail are updated for it.

kcmac
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2007, 12:59 AM

Safari 3 is a blast. I haven't noticed any problems with Mail or iChat yet. The find feature on web pages is outstanding as are the tear away and movable tabs. So I can see going back if it is messing with something but if not, have fun with it!

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2007, 12:59 AM

m4c  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2007, 06:46 AM

1passwd now supports the 3.0 beta!!! that was fast

Forum Links
Forum Rules